Princess Promise to Reimburse Flights - How Long Should It Take?

datone

We had our Sapphire Princess cruise cancelled mid-February halfway through and had to book new flights home.   A letter we received from Princess stated they would reimburse passengers for the extra costs in changing/re-booking flights to get home.   We put in our insurance claim on 27 February and emailed it off to Princess Australia (as we were required to do) and received acknowledgement of it.  I rang Princess at the beginning of May to see how it was progressing and couldn't get a straight answer from them.   I have read they are doing things in the order received so would have expected to have heard by now as our cruise was relatively early in the run of cancellations that have since followed.   I do doubt that they are actually doing them by order as others on our cruise have been reimbursed including one couple in the UK who didn't put their claim in until mid-March.   Just wondering how others who put in claims around the same time have fared with regards to getting their reimbursement?    Thank you.

Similar situation.  Delayed arrival into Port Everglades on the Regal Princess on March 9 2020.  A letter was delivered to all cabins stating that Princess would pay for one night hotel, air change fees, etc.  For us a total of $511.72 USD.

I submitted via email my reimbursement request on Monday, March 16, 2020 at 11:23PM.  I received an automated reply from Princess at 11:40PM.  Per the Princess Refund Request Guide, "Standard processing time is approximately 4 to 6 weeks from the date we receive your claim".

On April 24, 2020 I sent a fax to the Princess Cruises Customer Relations Department asking about my reimbursement.

I have not heard from them as of today.  I plan on calling Princess in mid May.

Edited by HUNKY
Improve clarity of response.

I have a pending flight reimbursement request from early March too, except mine was more awkward because it was the second leg of a B2B I was taking back home, so I didn't have a flight to change; I had to book an entirely new flight.

Still waiting on it. Also still waiting for the refund on the second leg.

As they sometimes say in Jamaica:  Time be time. Soon come.

It will happen when it happens and fretting about it won't help in the least. It's kind of how I deal with politics. I can't fix things so I try not to worry about things too much. It does no good and just brings me down. What's the point?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi datone, this is Wally and I believe I was on your sailing, I booked my air via Princess so they reticketed me back to the US. My friends from Texas had independent air on Emirates and were promised by Princess the checks were cut and they should have them by the end of April. I just heard they got thier check last Friday,  May 08. I wonder if you being down under, there is additional delay. Princess did reimburse the change fee which was $1500 each person, I was surprised at the large change fee, but Princess did come through finally for my friends.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

It will happen when it happens and fretting about it won't help in the least. It's kind of how I deal with politics. I can't fix things so I try not to worry about things too much. It does no good and just brings me down. What's the point?

Needs to be posted on several threads 

3 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Hi datone, this is Wally and I believe I was on your sailing, I booked my air via Princess so they reticketed me back to the US. My friends from Texas had independent air on Emirates and were promised by Princess the checks were cut and they should have them by the end of April. I just heard they got thier check last Friday,  May 08. I wonder if you being down under, there is additional delay. Princess did reimburse the change fee which was $1500 each person, I was surprised at the large change fee, but Princess did come through finally for my friends.

Good to hear some positive news re: refunds. 

I was put off the ship, Pacific Princess in Fremantle Australia on March 21st.  I ended up making my own flight arrangements to get home from Perth to LAX.  (Probably a mistake, but there were issues with what Princess had made)  I submitted the form for refund request on March 25th.  I spoke to a CR rep on Apr 5th.  She reviewed the refund form and said 1 item is denied, but will forward it on as "approved"  I have not seen a check or heard anything since.  Because the services were provided I have no rights to dispute those charges.

Ironically, passengers with US passports were denied boarding on the flight they had booked me on and those passengers were put onto the flight I had booked from Perth to Sydney.  Had I been with that group I would have had to stay in Sydney at a hotel for a day to wait for a flight to LAX.  I had an immediate connection to LAX as I had booked 2 days earlier.  Had I kept the Princess reservation at least I would not be out about $2818.00.

On 5/10/2020 at 3:57 PM, Thrak said:

The point is that if nobody does anything nothing changes! Applies to politics as it does to anything else.

• Like 1

I rang again today about my insurance reimbursement and it looks like Princess Australia haven't even started looking at February claims yet.   Not good enough when others on the same cruise have been paid out.   After insisting on getting an answer as to when it was likely to happen, they put me on hold and came back awhile later saying "they will pick it out of the pile and look at it today".   In other words, since you won't be fobbed off, we better pretend to do something about it.   

• Like 1