October

cltcruiser

So we were looking at re-scheduling our canceled April cruise and had been eyeing a couple of 8-day options on the Vista in October. Especially the one that departed October 31. 

Over the past couple of days, those cruises seemingly vanished. There were plenty of cabins still available previously. 

Are they limiting the numbers, are the cruises still there and I’m missing it, or what? Any ideas?

They seem to be severely limiting booking. I was looking at a couple of partial panama cruises both closed. Another booking site says both are sold out. Obviously not booked full, just bookings cut off. Several people saying august closed mostly. Someone wanted their brother to book a cabin.

I'd say very restricted. Upside for carnival is it pushes prices higher I guess. I'm still hoping for a partial panama and one this year will be reopened. For instance check the 10 day out of mobile, the 14 day out of Galveston. Lol lot of good my early saver rate is going to do me in october if bookings closed.

Lol fbn just said bookings rose to up 600% after they announced resumption augustm1st. Per carnival. One analyst upgraded ccl to a buy.

Edited by firefly333

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

They seem to be severely limiting booking. I was looking at a couple of partial panama cruises both closed. Another booking site says both are sold out. Obviously not booked full, just bookings cut off. Several people saying august closed mostly. Someone wanted their brother to book a cabin.

I'd say very restricted. Upside for carnival is it pushes prices higher I guess. I'm still hoping for a partial panama and one this year will be reopened. For instance check the 10 day out of mobile, the 14 day out of Galveston. Lol lot of good my early saver rate is going to do me in october if bookings closed.

Lol fbn just said bookings rose to up 600% after they announced resumption augustm1st. Per carnival. One analyst upgraded ccl to a buy.

Yeah. It stinks. We were pretty sure that Oct 31 was the one we wanted. Just needed to make sure work/school fell in line. 

And then *poof*.....vanished. 

We were supposed to be on the Horizon this Saturday for 8 nights. 10 year anniversary and going Platinum. We waited it out until it was cancelled and booked the same ship on 10/31. I hope it sails, but, I’ll understand if not. A lot can happen in nearly 6 months. 

40 minutes ago, chadci said:

We were supposed to be on the Horizon this Saturday for 8 nights. 10 year anniversary and going Platinum. We waited it out until it was cancelled and booked the same ship on 10/31. I hope it sails, but, I’ll understand if not. A lot can happen in nearly 6 months. 

Dang. Got room for us?

I've been watching my october cruise. Purely speculation on my part, but it really seems like they are limiting bookings. There were quite a few rooms available, now they are gone. It could very well be reschedules. If I had to guess, it is part of their "look at the action we are taking" plan. I would definitely not be mad if they cut a little bit of capacity from my Horizon cruise.

Oh, me too. I was on the Breeze when Erica was supposed to hit and the ship crowed was pretty small. Well, the itinerary remained the same and it was on the the better cruises I’ve been on! Same with the Glory during Irma. We were out an extended time because we couldn’t get into Miami. Several left from Cozumel and flew home. Once we knew everything at home (swfl) was safe and secure we were able to relax And enjoy the delay. 

We're scheduled to sail on Horizon on Oct 3rd. I'm seeing nothing available on this cruise. Every cabin shows sold out. I just wonder how my cruise might be affected? We've got 2 more payments to go to be paid in full. I booked it a year ago.

13 hours ago, cltcruiser said:

So we were looking at re-scheduling our canceled April cruise and had been eyeing a couple of 8-day options on the Vista in October. Especially the one that departed October 31. 

Over the past couple of days, those cruises seemingly vanished. There were plenty of cabins still available previously. 

Are they limiting the numbers, are the cruises still there and I’m missing it, or what? Any ideas?

I'm looking at the Carnival site right now & the Vista 10/31 cruise is there. Its 7 days out of Galveston. Maybe it was just a glitch for you 🤷‍♀️

Edited by DebOinKC

1 minute ago, DebOinKC said:

I'm looking at the Carnival site right now & the Vista 10/31 cruise is there. Its 7 days out of Galveston. Maybe it was just a glitch for you 🤷‍♀️

Sorry. I meant Horizon. 8 day out of Miami. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jordanaire said:

We're scheduled to sail on Horizon on Oct 3rd. I'm seeing nothing available on this cruise. Every cabin shows sold out. I just wonder how my cruise might be affected? We've got 2 more payments to go to be paid in full. I booked it a year ago.

I booked on that cruise over a year ago too. I haven’t made any payments yet. I’m not sure I want to keep it at this point. I’m waiting it out and will make the call in July.