More cancellations just in...

Fredrik

Interesting that nothing has been updated on the website yet.  Your voyage still shows a available to book, while the resumption of itinerary page still contains the info from Apr 30.  I wonder why they don’t coordinate these changes better?

SS website always lags. 

They probably want pax to learn about changes personally by email rather than from the website. 

I think all cruises still showing as bookable on the website for the rest of this year at least should be considered as just placeholders until proven otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

Interesting that nothing has been updated on the website yet.  Your voyage still shows a available to book, while the resumption of itinerary page still contains the info from Apr 30.  I wonder why they don’t coordinate these changes better?

The inbound voyage departing 30 June to Fredrik outbound voyage also still shows as bookable. So does my now cancelled (by me) maiden voyage of the Silver Moon on August 6th. 

Given that Northwest Passage and Baffin Island are closed to cruise ships this summer, Silver Cloud will need to greatly modify its schedule to get to Antarctica for next winter season; she will either have to go through Canal or just head down east coast of South America.

Lots more cancellations to come.

Marc

We’ve been informed this afternoon by our agent that our Silver Explorer cruise on 18 June to the Russian Far East from Otaru has been cancelled. Disappointing, but sensible and not unexpected given the current state of things.

Edited by KennyMandy

2 minutes ago, kaju said:

This is the newly cancelled cruise list?

Yes, my TA sent it to me.

My July 23 to the Russian Far East on the Explorer is not on this list but I fully expect it to be on the next list.

• Thanks 1

As long as Silversea, and most other lines for that matter, are still repatriating their crew and staff to their home countries you can kind of figure there aren’t going to be cruises soon.   Once we see lines are trying to reconstitute their crew and staff then you can figure we’re probably three or four weeks out from really starting cruises.   Will take time to gather crew and staff, train/retrain them,  provision the ships, etc.

Edited by Randyk47
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dbbsteve said:

I was also just informed by my agent that my July 9 Reykjavik to London cruise on the Wind was cancelled, and that I will receive details via email later.  Nothing on the website so far.

The first cruise listed on the website is now July 16. It may have been updated today.

• Like 1

Here's the website update:  

Silver Cloud:
•     E4200720016 - Silver Cloud will set sail on July 20, 2020
Silver Wind:
•     SW200720012 - Silver Wind will welcome guests once more from July 20, 2020
Silver Shadow:
•     SS200726007 - Silver Shadow will commence service once again from July 26, 2020
Silver Spirit:
•     SL200717010 - Silver Spirit will set sail on July 17, 2020
Silver Muse:
•     SM200716007 - From July 16, 2020, Silver Muse will resume sailing
Silver Whisper:
•     WH200718009 - Silver Whisper will commence service once again from July 18, 2020
Silver Explorer:
•     E1200723018 - Guests will cruise on Silver Explorer again from July 23, 2020

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iMarco46 said:

It appears that Silver Galapagos has been removed from the “Ships” pick list. ☹️

Silver Origin maiden voyage still scheduled to depart July 18.

Nice eye!  I wonder what the bookmakers' odds are for that maiden to occur as planned?

• Thanks 1

I'm curious why Silversea is still cancelling a month at a time, just now canceling trips in June and listing planned resumptions in mid-July, while Seabourn a week ago cancelled all trips until mid-October, and most through mid-November. Are the planners at these companies really coming to such different conclusions about when they can resume?

2 hours ago, cruiseej said:

I'm curious why Silversea is still cancelling a month at a time, just now canceling trips in June and listing planned resumptions in mid-July, while Seabourn a week ago cancelled all trips until mid-October, and most through mid-November. Are the planners at these companies really coming to such different conclusions about when they can resume?

No, its simply to try and smooth out the burden of administration for cancelled bookings.

4 hours ago, philipb said:

No, its simply to try and smooth out the burden of administration for cancelled bookings.

"the burden of administration"? I'm more inclined to think the effect on cash reserves.  That is what any prudent company will be doing in these strange times.

18 hours ago, iMarco46 said:

It appears that Silver Galapagos has been removed from the “Ships” pick list. ☹️

Silver Origin maiden voyage still scheduled to depart July 18.

Yes, noticed this little "detail" with the Silver Galapagos ship removed from their listing of ship options.  BUT, how likely will this new Silver Origin will be able to sail on July 18?  My bet?  Slim and none!!  In my view, Seabourn has been much more realistic and honest in saying now that they do not expect to start sailing any of their five luxury ship until the period of mid-October and early November.  Clearly, Silversea and other cruise line are not even close to having . . . the needed testing tools, good airline connections, countries being open, etc., etc., in order to resume a reasonable and safe level of customer offerings.  Plus, having its key audience of those age 60+ being reasonably confident that the health risks will be minimal during airline flights and on these ships with hundreds of passengers and staff grouped together. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 239,355

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923