Princess Cays Beach

INeedAMaiTai

I will be visiting the island next summer and have a question about the beach area.  Are there plenty of lounge chairs/shaded areas to sit on the actual beach?  I'll be traveling with my children and they love to be in the water so I need to be somewhere I can see them but might not want to be in the sun that long.  I see little dome things on some chairs, are those rentals we need to purchase?   Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

Yes.  The dome things are rentals (we've never used them so I can only say they are rentals).  Lots of rocks in the water, so you may want some sort of water shoes for the children.

• 4 weeks later...

The clamshell rentals can get a little hot or stuffy with poor air flow - depends on the day.

There are some free loungers under shelters near the buffet lunch area (to the left when you get off the tenders).  We try for an early tender so we can get some of the free shade.

The beach there is good - - but there is a bit of a steep first step or two into the water (just a sharp sand drop of a foot or so that makes it a bit challenging for real little ones.)  There is some decent snorkeling at this area as well.

Don