Fish Extenders Banned?

Obobru

A friend who used to work at DLC head office told me today his friend still working there has advised that they are discussing banning these for hygiene reasons. 

What are your thoughts? I lot of people put a lot of effort into these and the gifts for them. They are core part of the experience for some people, we have never joined a group but love seeing the creative designs brightening the hallways. 

Edited by Obobru

1 hour ago, Obobru said:

A friend who used to work at DLC head office told me today his friend still working there has advised that they are discussing banning these for hygiene reasons. 

What are your thoughts? I lot of people put a lot of effort into these and the gifts for them. They are core part of the experience for some people, we have never joined a group but love seeing the creative designs brightening the hallways. 

I don't know how they could effectively "ban" them.  Unless they also decide to "ban" all those pesky advertisements they dole out to the various rooms onboard.  Same principle.  

DCL could certainly ban them.

Before a passenger goes on the ship, they would be notified by DCL  of the policy not allowing these gift giving customs.

Then, if a passenger does not adhere to the directive about the fish extenders, the steward/stewardess could remove them or they could direct  the guest to remove them. 

This would be done out of concern for the health and well-being of all the passengers.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

THey have the right to ban them if they wish.  But, as Shmoo stated, they are no more a health hazard than all the flyers that are delivered to the doors/on the beds, etc.  And they didn't take the step of restricting them when Noro was on the ships.

• 1 month later...

This would probably actually end up in the spreading of more germs because, instead of just dropping things off at each others' rooms and being on their way, people would probably organize these to meet in a place onboard - one of the lounges, decks, etc. and then exchange gifts there.    Then you suddenly have not only all these gifts changing hands, but 40-80 people meeting in a small area they can carve out for themselves.