Suggestions for things other than beaches and active group excursions

karinvt

We live in Florida and are minutes from the beach, so my boys are not really interested in beaching it. They love the mountains and hiking, kayaking, snorkeling. Looking for something other than the beach and shopping for them to do. We are sailing with another family for a total of 15 of us, so if anyone knows of groups rate tours that would be awesome.

There are several popular “cookie-cutter” tours, many including a beach stop, as well as private drivers who provide a tour custom to your group who can accommodate your party (depending who is still operating as visitors return). The latter will cost a little more but is quite affordable if split between groups. Which are you interested in?

Many of the public tours include a beach stop (folks usually choose Magens because it’s touted so much by the cruise director but no snorkeling there). With a private guide you can include off-the-beach snorkeling at beautiful Sapphire Beach if interested in that...

• 4 weeks later...

No beaches or shopping on St. Thomas? Been to this destination many many times, if I had no interest in beaches or shopping on St. Thomas I would stay on the ship and enjoy the empty ship while everyone else is on a beach or shopping in downtown Charlotte Amalie. Really. 

8 hours ago, O2B@Cagain said:

TT: There are other things to do on St Thomas....

Like what? Take the tram to Paradise Point and drink bushwackers, thanks but no thanks I passed on that one 7 year's ago. 

Go hang out at the Pueblo?

Let's see, rent a car drive around the island and try and run over iguanas all afternoon? 

Cagain, I'm really not much of a shopper I LOVE shopping on St. Thomas, the killer beaches speak for themselves. 

No beach and no shopping, I'd do the iguana thing! 

LOVE the USVI my favorite. St. Thomas one of the best vibes in the Eastern Caribbean consistently. Place is a blast from start to finish. Not going to a beach? I certainly don't know about that.

Sounds horrible!! LOL.

Have a nice evening. 

Well, as Karinvt asked: there is kayaking in the mangroves, snorkeling (I think she didn't want to just sit on a beach), hiking (Magens Bay trail and Mermaid's Chair come to mind), stand-up paddleboarding, sail boat or power boat excursions... And if all else fails, they could hang out at Pueblo. 😜

I love that!!

I just threw the Pueblo thing out there. 

I couldn't think of anything else. You have a very creative imagination, I do too but not like yours😆. Great suggestions for Karinvt.

I hope she comes back and tell us what she ended up doing. Have a nice evening. 

• 7 months later...
On 5/22/2020 at 10:02 AM, blue_water said:

There are several popular “cookie-cutter” tours, many including a beach stop, as well as private drivers who provide a tour custom to your group who can accommodate your party (depending who is still operating as visitors return). The latter will cost a little more but is quite affordable if split between groups. Which are you interested in?

Many of the public tours include a beach stop (folks usually choose Magens because it’s touted so much by the cruise director but no snorkeling there). With a private guide you can include off-the-beach snorkeling at beautiful Sapphire Beach if interested in that...

Do you have any recommendations for private guides?

I do not sorry, “our” driver no longer provides tours. But you can find recommendations here by using the Search option. I know Dean’s Taxi is popular as are others...The is also a private tour option on STJ, if interested in that let me know?