Any Time Dining?

Holomoku

Ahoy All,

Our first time on MSC is next Mar. on the Divina.  We have opted for the Area Experience and one of the items mentioned is Dine Any Time.  How does this work?  Can we just walk up to the M/'d any time at all and get seated or do we have to pick a time at the start of the cruise and that is it for the duration of the cruise?  We normally cruise Princess and their Anytime Dining is just walk up when you want at a Dining Room that is Anytime and get seated shortly.  We like to share all meal experiences and meet other cruisers and have formed many friendships around the world this way.  We do not like being assigned a table and the same people every evening.  We can find no explanation on the web site about this option.

Aloha,

Herb & Jackie(Holomoku)

• Like 1

Yes, you arrive at the restaurant at any time during the opening hours. At the beginning of the cruise they do usually ask you to indicate approximately what time you'll dine to help them manage demand. We'd just give an indicative window of time, usually 8 - 8.30pm.

You're not assigned a table and you don't share a table with others on Aurea experience. On some ships we've seen a few people share an Aurea table for 4 people, 2 couples but we've never shared a table. 

If you'd like to dine at the same time each evening and at the same table so you get the same wait staff you can do so. 

2 hours ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

I rather think that post Covid-19, Any Time dining will disappear.. they won't want lines of people queueing, and they will want to manage the numbers in the MDR to ensure social distancing.

We've never experienced any significant queues for AnyTime dining. If there's been a queue it's been just a few people, nothing compared to the queue for the MDR opening. 

I can't imagine how social distancing will be observed on a ship, literally everything involves close proximity to people from embarking, using the lifts, excursions and the theatre. 

We've cruised twice with MSC (Divina and Meraviglia), both with the Aurea experience. I don't recall any wait times for the MDR with Anytime Time Dining. On the Meraviglia last fall there was hostess out in front of the MDR that would check one of our cruise cards and send us ahead to be seated even if there were other guests waiting (which wasn't often).

We were on the Divina with Aurea, and like optimusprime82, we never waited for a table. After the 2nd day, we didn't even have to show our cards. The hostess remembered us, and gave us the same tale with staff.We are now booked on the Seashore for 12/2021 in Aurea again. On the Seashore, they will have a dedicated  dining room, much like the YC. We've come to love MSC, and I hope you will too.

• Like 1

Ahoy All,

Mahalo for the replies.  We called MSC this morning and asked about this among other questions we had.  They said that just like on Princess with Any Time you walk up and say "two to share" and you will be put at either a 4, 6, or 8 person table.  So, that sounds great to us.  We were not looking forward to just being at a 2 or 4 person table each evening.  Now if we can just get the website to work easily, way too confusing too us.  I'm sure MSC will block us from calling for help in getting all registered soon. LOL  

Then we booked our hotel through booking.com and got an email saying we need to cancel the room for one night next spring do to not being "essential" persons.  I wrote to the hotel directly and asked them if the rules would still be in effect next Spring, just waiting to hear back now.

Aloha,

H & J