Is 100% payment now normal for P&O for 2021

adam7392

Looking at first time on P&O for Baltic in Aug 2021 on Azura.  Just getting price on the P&O website and was surprised for both saver and select fares that 100% payment is required now.  Is this just P&O trying to rake in as much cash as possible to cover the cancellation payments ?  Given all the issues just now and for the forseeable future there's no way I'm paying 100% upfront so seems like a shot in the foot by P&O to me.  They may be ATOL covered but I've no intention of waiting weeks/months for a potential refund.   Princess who I've normally sailed on (also Carnival owned) only require what I think is a more reasonale £50pp for an Aug 2021 sailing with final payment 90 days before sailing.

So my question is, is this normal for P&O for cruises with 1+ year to go and in normal times, closer to sailing, do they do no/low deposits ?

Thanks 

15 minutes ago, adam7392 said:

Looking at first time on P&O for Baltic in Aug 2021 on Azura.  Just getting price on the P&O website and was surprised for both saver and select fares that 100% payment is required now.  Is this just P&O trying to rake in as much cash as possible to cover the cancellation payments ?  Given all the issues just now and for the forseeable future there's no way I'm paying 100% upfront so seems like a shot in the foot by P&O to me.  They may be ATOL covered but I've no intention of waiting weeks/months for a potential refund.   Princess who I've normally sailed on (also Carnival owned) only require what I think is a more reasonale £50pp for an Aug 2021 sailing with final payment 90 days before sailing.

So my question is, is this normal for P&O for cruises with 1+ year to go and in normal times, closer to sailing, do they do no/low deposits ?

Thanks 

I think you are looking at August 2020 for which full payment would be needed now. In 2021, Azura is in the Mediterranean throughout August and the deposit needed is 15%. My advice is strongly not to book for August 2020 for reasons that I hope are obvious.

1 hour ago, adam7392 said:

Thanks 

Azura isnt going to the Baltics in Aug 2021 so I would recheck your searches.

Doh - my fault.  Thanks both.  Not sure how I missed that.

Checking the 2021 on Ventura still quite a high deposit required - £210 per person on inside, £322 balcony so still high compared to Princess but not the jaw dropping experience I thought.

Thanks again 

2 hours ago, adam7392 said:

Checking the 2021 on Ventura still quite a high deposit required - £210 per person on inside, £322 balcony so still high compared to Princess but not the jaw dropping experience I thought.

Thanks again 

The deposits have now gone back to the standard  15% I think...they were only 5% until recently, possibly up to 30 April. I rebooked on 27th and only had to pay 5%.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2020 at 5:38 PM, adam7392 said:

Thanks again 

Deposits now seem to be 5% again until 29 June

Edited by Gettingwarmer