Important Sailing Update

Virgin Voyages

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, garymfreedman said:

Covid cruising prohibitions are now bumping up really close to our October voyages......

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/16/cdc-bans-us-cruises-through-september-citing-expanding-coronavirus-outbreaks.html

After 2 canceled cruises on Scarlet Lady this year (with 3rd scheduled in October), I am fully expecting to have the rest of her 2020 sailings canceled at some time soon. I will likely not rebook until well into 2021.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently princess has cancelled all cruises for 2020. It will only be a matter of time before all other cruise lines will follow. Unless the US pivot sharply to start bringing down those numbers, I’m afraid that 2021 will also be a year of no cruising.

2 minutes ago, pcalv said:

Apparently princess has cancelled all cruises for 2020. It will only be a matter of time before all other cruise lines will follow. Unless the US pivot sharply to start bringing down those numbers, I’m afraid that 2021 will also be a year of no cruising.

There will be cruising in 2021.. But not in 2020.  Miami-Dade continues to increase--102,000 cases as of 7-25-20.. That port will unlikely open October..

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, panamapd said:

Cruises cancelled through 31 Oct 2020. Will have to wait until 2021 for a Virgin Voyage.  Just hope they can ride this massive wave out!

By now Virgin should have already updated their website-They are,as usual, behind the 8 ball. They knew this was coming and should already have the plans in place for website updating, communicating with passengers (us) and what the FCC would be...

Virgin Voyages has changed starting month on their website to November..No changes or information on the website. They are the worst communicators ever... I would worry on my cruise that we may be headed to sink, and they will tell us after we are under water...:)

My final payment for our 12/27 sailing is coming up. I’m very very frustrated that they pushed final payments to 60 days for sailings up to 12/16 - so my sailing misses that cut off and is still at 120 days. 

I also don’t want to make my final payment and then have them hold on to my money for who knows how long with a FCC - if it’s canceled.  

Anyone else on the holiday sailings with this issue? What have you decided to do? 

1 hour ago, lyssa13 said:

My final payment for our 12/27 sailing is coming up. I’m very very frustrated that they pushed final payments to 60 days for sailings up to 12/16 - so my sailing misses that cut off and is still at 120 days. 

I also don’t want to make my final payment and then have them hold on to my money for who knows how long with a FCC - if it’s canceled.  

Anyone else on the holiday sailings with this issue? What have you decided to do? 

not a great way to instill brand loyalty from the get go. I decided to give them a chance, won’t be doing that again.  

• Like 1

I'm on the same sailing. I am not going to pay the balance if they require it at the end of August. I will cancel right before the due date. Hopefully they change this payment requirement considering it looks like there is a slim chance this cruise will even sail. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, westguy99 said:

I'm on the same sailing. I am not going to pay the balance if they require it at the end of August. I will cancel right before the due date. Hopefully they change this payment requirement considering it looks like there is a slim chance this cruise will even sail. 

couldn’t agree more sadly. Did you pay the same $750 deposit?  That will remain as FCC from what I understand, correct? 

Been a week since Virgin canceled cruises through October 31st. My cruise was included in this latest round (3rd time so far), so I called to see what options I had. There are no new incentives to rebook, other than reusing the previous 200% FCC I received previously. Also, with their current 30% off "sale", they are no longer offering sailor loot as before, but if you had it previously and rebook, they will honor it.

7 minutes ago, drewdawg199 said:

I have a cruise booked next September in Europe with deposit paid.  If I moved that to say a November 2020 cruise and that cruise happens to get cancelled, does anyone think I'd be eligible for a cash refund?

Absolutley, when I called today, they offered me a refund of my original booking amount for my April 2020 cruise, that was canceled three times. Still debating what to do. I like the 200% I received based on my original fare, but now looking at moving it to mid 2021 and not sure I want them to hold my money that long.

30 minutes ago, NameThatFunnel said:

Absolutley, when I called today, they offered me a refund of my original booking amount for my April 2020 cruise, that was canceled three times. Still debating what to do. I like the 200% I received based on my original fare, but now looking at moving it to mid 2021 and not sure I want them to hold my money that long.

The difference in my question is that I'm referring to a September 2021 cruise that has not been cancelled by VV.  Your April 2020 cruise was cancelled by VV so they have to give you options.  I have a feeling if I proactively move to a November 2020 cruise by transferring my deposit, they will only want to give me a voucher and not a cash refund.

4 hours ago, NameThatFunnel said:

If the end result is VV cancelling your new cruise, then why wouldn't you be eligible for a refund as well. Personally, I would not book a cruise departing in November 2020, it is likely not going to happen.

that's the point.....trying to get my Sept. 2021 deposit back in cash (I'm past the initial 7 day cancel policy).

1 minute ago, drewdawg199 said:

that's the point.....trying to get my Sept. 2021 deposit back in cash (I'm past the initial 7 day cancel policy).

I see, interesting idea. Problem is, if you switch to the November 2020 itinerary, you'd have to pay the full balance at that time as well.