Canada

Bin man

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Our balance for Arcadia is/was due next week.  I wonder whether they will pull the cruise before then or take a chance that the ban will be lifted.  No hint in the article I read that it may be reviewed.

With P&O’s recent form, I doubt that operational issues will determine whether or not they cancel now. They are more likely to wait until people pay the full balance, which they can then hold on to for up to 3 months when they miraculously cancel the cruise the week after! IMO, paying a balance on a September cruise is very high risk. 

• Like 1

I'm half expecting to receive an email along the lines of "we'll give you £x OBC for you not to cancel" and all that waffle.

We booked using FCCs from several cancelled cruises, so the balance is only about £300.  Will just join the queue in due course or maybe take a chance on Christmas.  Don't know which year though!

We have been waiting a refund for 76 days for the March cruise, our next one was to have been on Arcadia to Canada in September, didn't think it likely to happen so had already moved the deposit to a later cruise, no way would I be trusting any more final balance payments to CCL at present.

We have friends in Halifax NS who we speak with quite often and will meet up with on these cruises, whilst they are a little behind us, just now experiencing shortages of basics and PPE, the mortality rate there is roughly one third of us (per million population) and  they are already planning the release from lock down, for example next weekend Hairdressers can reopen, however they don't see any likelihood of us visiting this year.