Canada extends cruise ban

This was mentioned a couple of days ago (imbedded in the thread about 2020 cruises).  Alaska season is finished for the year.  It is a shame that the requirement still exists that Regent has to stop in Canada in order to sail to Alaska.  This potentially makes Canada the cause of lost revenue in Alaska this year.  It should not be this way (note:  I do not believe that Canada wants to hurt tourism to Alaska - it is out of their hands).

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

It is a shame that the requirement still exists that Regent has to stop in Canada in order to sail to Alaska.  This potentially makes Canada the cause of lost revenue in Alaska this year.  It should not be this way (note:  I do not believe that Canada wants to hurt tourism to Alaska - it is out of their hands).

No.  To be clear, Canada isn't potentially the cause of lost revenue to Alaska this year. 

The PVSA requires Regent to stop in a foreign port on its Alaska cruises. That's the reason those cruises can't proceed, resulting in lost revenue to Alaska.  Canada is just the convenient foreign port that satisfies the PVSA requirements.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

This was mentioned a couple of days ago (imbedded in the thread about 2020 cruises).  Alaska season is finished for the year.  It is a shame that the requirement still exists that Regent has to stop in Canada in order to sail to Alaska.  This potentially makes Canada the cause of lost revenue in Alaska this year.  It should not be this way (note:  I do not believe that Canada wants to hurt tourism to Alaska - it is out of their hands).

Canada is not the cause of Alaska losing revenue this year. Canada has  no laws that force cruise ships to stop at one of their ports before visiting Alaska. 

• Like 8

That is pretty much what I said (quoting myself) '

This potentially makes Canada the cause of lost revenue in Alaska this year.  It should not be this way (note:  I do not believe that Canada wants to hurt tourism to Alaska - it is out of their hands).'

• Haha 3