Miami hotel close to sandy beach

cruisenewbie79

Hi, 

Looking for an affordable hotel ($150 range) as close to the beach as I can get for any October 2nd overnight stay. Any recommendations?

I realize that I might have to stay farther from the port.  The most important thing to me is to be able to drop of my bags and run to the beach. 

I did find The Lorriane for a good price.  Anyone know anything about this hotel?

You need to look in Miami Beach, not Miami if you want a hotel on the beach.

Flying into MIA or FLL?  Lots of nice beach front hotels in the FLL and Hollywood areas, to the north of Miami.  www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info.

Edited by JohninDC

If you are flying into MIA and want a sandy beach, then focus on Miami Beach. The famous South Beach area is closer to the port than farther north. You can even ride the Airport Flyer bus from MIA to South Beach for about $3 - more money for a nicer hotel and drinks! 😎

There really are no beaches in the city of Miami. You need to drive over to Miami Beach to see the beautiful beaches Miami Dade County have to offer. October is still low season so check out one of the boutique hotels in South Beach. Otherwise stay in downtown Miami at the Intercontinental Hotel or Holiday Inn Bayside for the one night before your cruise. Take a cab or Uber it over to Miami Beach to spend a few hours lounging on the sand.

• 2 weeks later...

For value, I'm a big fan of the Catalina Beach resort.  It is across the street but a great hotel.

On the beach I like Surfcomber, South Seas, Marseilles, and The Richmond for reasonably priced oceanfront.  Spendy luxury, Delano (closed for reno), National (ditto), Raleigh (ditto), Shore Club, Setai, Ritz Carlton (I think they've reopened), SLS to name a few.