Viking Sky Cabin 4080 & 4082

Arizona340

You always wonder why on the last few cabins to go. Only thing I can think of would be proximity to the lifts in regard to traffic and/or lift noise. Think about PV cabin, especially if you like to turn round in the shower.

I have sailed in 4082, can't remember exactly which ship but the the layout is the same on all of the ships.

The tenders are on Deck 3 and we did get some very occasional noises from them, not at unusual hours and nothing sustained. On the other hand, we were in 4079 in January and heard nothing.

Otherwise, we love the location. It is low and midships, so not much motion. It is near the stairs and elevators for convenience but you won't get any noise from them.

There is plenty of room in the shower even in the V/DV cabins -- the bathroom size and shape is the same as the PV.

Edited by Peregrina651

1 hour ago, Arizona340 said:

Looking into 2021 Sky cruise only cabins available are dv4 cabins 4080 & 4082. Please, are their any obstructions or problems with this deck 4 location, aft port side?

From our research & looking at Viking’s website showing deck plans, you will see that those staterooms are located directly above the tenders on deck 3. I have read on various CC posts that some passengers hear the “creaking” of the tenders especially in rough seas. We have been on 4 Viking cruises & have purposely stayed away from staterooms located above tenders. 

I've sailed in staterooms 4078 and 4067 and never heard any noise from the tenders.  However, on both cruises we had very smooth seas so this may have accounted for the lack of creaking or noise from the tenders.  We like being on a lower deck, mid-ship for lack of motion and easy access to the stairs/elevators.  

You should have no problem from elevators stairs or tenders.  You are far enough away from both.  As far as tenders go, you may not have any.  I have been on 2 cruises where tender ports involved but in both those cruise we were docked at the port.

8 hours ago, duquephart said:

You always wonder why on the last few cabins to go. Only thing I can think of would be proximity to the lifts in regard to traffic and/or lift noise. Think about PV cabin, especially if you like to turn round in the shower.

The shower size in a DV4 cabin is the exact same size as PV.  I’ve stayed in both.  Both are roomy.

The elevators are VERY quiet.  Once your room does closed, you hear nothing.

Edited by Mich3554

2 hours ago, Mich3554 said:

The shower size in a DV4 cabin is the exact same size as PV.  I’ve stayed in both.  Both are roomy.

The elevators are VERY quiet.  Once your room does closed, you hear nothing.

I must be thinking of the river boats.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 10:15 AM, Arizona340 said:

Looking into 2021 Sky cruise only cabins available are dv4 cabins 4080 & 4082. Please, are their any obstructions or problems with this deck 4 location, aft port side?

4080 and 4082 are apt to be directly over the tenders.  Looks like this has already been answered.  I did not scroll far enough down.

We have been in 4092 which was about 4 or 5 cabins back of the tender and in 5024 which was great.

Edited by LeRenardrouge

On 6/8/2020 at 12:08 PM, Arizona340 said:

Thanks for your replies.  We booked our 2021 Viking cruise today in cabin 4029.  Other side more forward.

Great spot~!   You will love it much better there I believe.  We've been just a few cabins forward of 4029 and it was such a good location - easy to get to things via that forward stairway.

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Liz Masterson said:

Soo... because there's not much else to talk about till we can sail. What are you thoughts on Cabin 4046? On the Jupiter... not that that makes a big difference. 🙂

We spent almost 4 months in 4058, which is a few cabins aft. Great location.

I believe you will be ahead of the lifeboats/tenders, whereas we were above # 2. No noise, except at tender ports, especially after Jim taught the Seamen how to secure the boats properly.😀

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Liz Masterson said:

Soo... because there's not much else to talk about till we can sail. What are you thoughts on Cabin 4046? On the Jupiter... not that that makes a big difference. 🙂

We spent 4+ months in 4046 on the Sun.  No problems of any kind.......  Well, they did kick us out eventually.🍸

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Perhaps they could send Jim to all of the ships to show them how it is done.

Haha, I'm willing.  When do I start?  Too bad that I think it is limited to Boat #2 on the Sun.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

We spent almost 4 months in 4058, which is a few cabins aft. Great location.

I believe you will be ahead of the lifeboats/tenders, whereas we were above # 2. No noise, except at tender ports, especially after Jim taught the Seamen how to secure the boats properly.😀

If they don't know how to secure the boats properly they aren't Seamen.

3 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Haha, I'm willing.  When do I start?  Too bad that I think it is limited to Boat #2 on the Sun.  

Free drinks on your next WC for instructing the OS/GP's & Deck Boys.😁🍻

• Like 2