Buck Island snorkeling. Has anyone done this in the past couple of years?

jean87510

I have a cruise stop in February 2021 in St. Thomas and have a reservation on a buck island/water island snorkeling stop. I've been to water island and love it. I have never been to buck island to snorkel. If it isn't good, let me know as I would rather not go if so.

I’ve been on a Buck Island snorkel trip twice.  Been disappointed both times.  The second trip had a different name in the excursion and had we known we would not have gone again.  Not a very interesting snorkel — limited fish, limited coral.  What I can say is the boat trip out was nice and the crew was very good (same outfit for both trips).  They were in the water with you and pointed out various things.  Of course this means you were in groups to snorkel and lots of kicking each other.  I’d pass.

On 6/7/2020 at 11:58 PM, AZ Ocean Lover said:

I’ve been on a Buck Island snorkel trip twice.  Been disappointed both times.  The second trip had a different name in the excursion and had we known we would not have gone again.  Not a very interesting snorkel — limited fish, limited coral.  What I can say is the boat trip out was nice and the crew was very good (same outfit for both trips).  They were in the water with you and pointed out various things.  Of course this means you were in groups to snorkel and lots of kicking each other.  I’d pass.

Ty. Think Im just going to head back to water island or Sapphire. I love st. John but its such a pain to get there, Id rather save it for a day trip if I visit st. Thomas.  Im definitely not wasting $320 or $260 for 3-4 hour snorkeling trips.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Buck Island when we visited St Croix and went with Black Beards. I'm not sure if they only operate out of St Croix or what. 

But, I have a full review on my website with TONS of pictures of the snorkeling. There were "ehh" areas and nice areas with schools of fish. We had a decent time. 

HERE'S MY LINK