Back in April our cruise was canceled. I reached out to our broker  for advice on our insurance policy and got a boiler plate reply telling to contact the insurer.  I did that and I got the standard "we are swamped" auto reply telling to expect a reply in 12 to 20 biz days. That was almost two months ago now.  I have tried to follow up with both the broker and the insurer and have gotten no reply. I have no claims to file because everything was refunded or in the refund process so do I go after the broker or the insurer via credit card dispute now?  I have gotten really tired of people who take my money in 20 seconds and then forget who I am when there is a real problem.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Click said:

Back in April our cruise was canceled. I reached out to our broker  for advice on our insurance policy and got a boiler plate reply telling to contact the insurer.  I did that and I got the standard "we are swamped" auto reply telling to expect a reply in 12 to 20 biz days. That was almost two months ago now.  I have tried to follow up with both the broker and the insurer and have gotten no reply. I have no claims to file because everything was refunded or in the refund process so do I go after the broker or the insurer via credit card dispute now?  I have gotten really tired of people who take my money in 20 seconds and then forget who I am when there is a real problem.

Hi Mr. Click,

I'm sorry your broker told you to contact the insurer. In my opinion, if I earn a commission on a sale, I believe that obligates me to help the customer in the future.

Which policy did you buy and what exactly are you trying to find out?

Steve Dasseos

had a similar problem. Carnival cancelled my Europe cruise for Oct, I had booked with a travel agent. Called the agent(not from Carnival) and was told to call the insurance company. called insurance company was told your trip  insurance was used due to cruise cancellation call the travel agent. This is ridiculous ! I am told there is nothing in trip insurance to cover pandemic and since cruise was cancelled I am out the $200 the policy cost me. Steve is there anything else I an do?(will  never book with third party agent at this business again)

37 minutes ago, gypsysouls said:

had a similar problem. Carnival cancelled my Europe cruise for Oct, I had booked with a travel agent. Called the agent(not from Carnival) and was told to call the insurance company. called insurance company was told your trip insurance was used due to cruise cancellation call the travel agent. This is ridiculous ! I am told there is nothing in trip insurance to cover pandemic and since cruise was cancelled I am out the $200 the policy cost me. Steve is there anything else I an do? (will  never book with third party agent at this business again)

Hi gypsysouls,

I'm sorry to hear that. Which policy do you have?

Steve

2 minutes ago, gypsysouls said:

leisure care at $109pp.  travel agency offered to apply travel protection to my next purchase with them..not happening . The agent I worked with is  no longer employed by them.

Have you called the company that issues the Leisure Care plan? If not, ask them if you can hold the value of your policy for a future trip.

I found this explanation online:

The LeisureCare Travel Protection Plan is provided through Aon Affinity, a worldwide leader in travel protection and assistance services plans. LeisureCare plans provide: Coverage you can count on. A broad array of coverage plans that provide protection specifically designed for travelers.

I found this contact info for them: https://www.aon.com/risk-services/group-individual-insurance/travel-insurance.jsp

I hope this helps,

Steve Dasseos

thx Steve. yes I called the travel agency who issued travel protection who then told me to call leisure care directly who then told me to call the travel agency back. Travel agency said I could transfer the policy to a future booking with them, also told me if I  had booked directly with cruise line I would have received refund on travel protection as well as refund on cruise money paid. That being said, I would not book with this particular agency ever again, their communication throughout the booking "adventure" was  poor. I'll consider this a lesson learned.

Just a note on my recent experience with AON. Insurance for two trips for 2020 that I had booked with Road Scholar was provided by AON. I purchased the insurance through RS. One of the trips was cancelled by RS and I received a refund on the insurance within a month. The other trip I cancelled myself  before final payment (RS later cancelled the trip) and was advised by RS to contact AON to initiate an insurance refund.

I did call and received a case number and was told to call back in 10 days for a progress report. 4 additional calls and 3 months later, and only after I had contacted  RS for the third time did I receive an email from RS stating that my case has been expedited and I should receive my refund within 5 to 7 days, which I did. Every call to AON resulted in 2 or more transfer of my call. a different story of why my refund was delayed, and a promise to expedite the refund. Being persistent is not fun, but seems to be key to getting results in COVID 19 times.