The Choice Is Yours

jetsfan58

We all will certainly be affected by the Pandemic. We were accustomed to arriving the day prior, relaxing, eating a nice dinner, parking for the cruise duration, shuttling to the terminals and enjoying ourselves. It will be very interesting to see what evolves?   

10 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

We all will certainly be affected by the Pandemic. We were accustomed to arriving the day prior, relaxing, eating a nice dinner, parking for the cruise duration, shuttling to the terminals and enjoying ourselves. It will be very interesting to see what evolves?   

I'd do all those things - except I'd come in maybe a week ahead of time - before I'd get on a cruise ship any time soon. And by "any time" I'm thinking two or more years.

On 6/9/2020 at 9:54 AM, jetsfan58 said:

Lately, we have seen a lot of topics via this Cruise Critic forum. They all have been very informative and timely. In keeping with that tradition, I would like to visit another part of the Cruise experience. Due to all of the buzz concerning Covid, Ports, Safety, Mask and Food, etc. when we do start cruising again Will You:

Fly to the Port, Drive to the Port, Stay in a Hotel Pre Cruise and/or Dine out Pre Cruise?  

Your responses are greatly appreciated!!!

"Smooth Sailing" Whenever we can start saying that again!! 

We have a booked cruise out of Miami in November.  That is, hopefully, far enough down the road that we will be able to base a final yea/nay decision on how things worked out for the earlier cruisers.

If we go we will fly into Miami 2 days early, because even in Nov there is a chance of snow issues flying out of denver.  Really, other than the go/nogo decision I don't expect any of our travel logistics to change.

From where I live in Northern Cali it's a 3 hour drive to San Francisco and I could drive fairly easily the morning of.  San Pedro is an 8 hour drive and needs to be done the day before with one night somewhere between here and there.  We usually find a hotel an hour or two out to avoid the higher cost of lodging in the area of the port.  Seattle is a 12 hour drive.  We usually start the day before and sometimes the day before that.  And ditto on hotels.

We could fly to San Pedro or Seattle which in both cases could be done the same day.  We just haven't thinking it would cost less.  Honestly, the cost is probably close to being the same as driving and getting a room somewhere.  But, if they make me wear a mask to fly I will drive.

If I want to go anywhere else besides the west coast flying is required.  And definitely would require going at least the day before and getting a hotel.

Edited by Blondilu