Can you view/adjust your flights in Fly2Fun?

Mud_Shark

Only one previous Carnival Cruise and we did not use the cruise air option on that one.  Now we are cruising in January 2021 and have made an initial booking through Fly2Fun in the cruise manager function of Carnival.com.   But I can no longer review our flight and alternatives for price changes etc.  It simply says flights are already scheduled for this itinerary.

With Princess Easy Air and HAL Flight Ease, you can monitor your flights and other options and change flights or re-fare flights as things change.  Can we do this with Carnival, and if so, could someone please direct a rookie as to how to access this in the cruise manager?  Thanks for your help

Don

1 hour ago, Mud_Shark said:

Only one previous Carnival Cruise and we did not use the cruise air option on that one.  Now we are cruising in January 2021 and have made an initial booking through Fly2Fun in the cruise manager function of Carnival.com.   But I can no longer review our flight and alternatives for price changes etc.  It simply says flights are already scheduled for this itinerary.

With Princess Easy Air and HAL Flight Ease, you can monitor your flights and other options and change flights or re-fare flights as things change.  Can we do this with Carnival, and if so, could someone please direct a rookie as to how to access this in the cruise manager?  Thanks for your help

Don

We are looking at this too. Did they let you select your seats?

3 hours ago, tytanbri said:

We are looking at this too. Did they let you select your seats?

I don't know.  We may have had that option initially when we booked, but I did not do it if there was an option to do so.  Now I cannot see the flights or manage them in any way, so I do not know.  I know that through an online travel website, the flights have dropped in price slightly, but I am unable to view them on fly2fun and rebook - at least if I can, I don't know how it is done.

Don

I mock booked Fly2Fun for our cruise end of year. I thought it might be a good deal as the price appeared less than what American Airlines was going to charge for the same dates plus I'd have the assurance if Carnival cancelled I'd just have to deal with Carnival for refunds. But realized that they were going to charge a baggage fee on top of that price so decided to wait until some of the other cheaper airlines start putting out their schedules as I think Spirit will still end up being cheaper.

They let you pick seats for the regular ones, but it said on the chart you'd have to call the airline directly for the premium seats.

Edited by Ellusionz

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I also would like to know an answer to this question. Princess lets you view and change you flex fares.  I am hoping Southwest will have better flight times and prices when they open up their schedule for June 10. I may want to cancel and book with Southwest directly.  I assume my travel agent will get a confirmation of the flight times and prices of the flights  I chose. I didn't print anything and I didn't receive an email. Also can you book business or first class tickets through fly2fun?

On 6/10/2021 at 9:09 AM, NK155 said:

Were you able to get this figured out? It is giving me the same " Guest already have flights assigned" code. 

I wonder if Carnival has the info about your flight. Airline booking number etc. If so you could call the airline. Since its already accomplished there should be a booking number.

A lot has changed with fly to the fun since 2019.  At that time I was able to book a flight and select Comfort Class seats on Delta.  We booked our flight for our cruise March 2022, last week.  Had no problem booking the flight but spent almost a week of daily phone calls to Carnival to select our seats.  Finally was able to select seats but it seemed like the selection was limited and what Delta considers premium seats weren't available even though they show available on Delta website.  As mentioned, once you book you can't check for price drops.  I'm not sure whether you could call Carnival, have them check and then cancel and rebook.  The price is quite good considering it is a flexible fare.

The one change  I'm not happy about is that I was told by Delta that we can't call and upgrade our seats because they are considered bulk seats.  And used to be that we got confirmation from Delta a few days after booking fly to the fun.  Now, I was told our seat selection is only a request and there is no guarantee we will get our chosen seats.  Also was told that the confirmation number will show up on our Carnival booking 2 to 4 weeks before our cruise.

All said and done, I plan on following through with the fly to the fun since it gives the most protection in these uncertain times but might rethink it when things get back to normal.

I have Fly2Fun booked for December.

They booked me with Air Canada and I was able to use the booking code to go on the Air Canada website to look at my booking. I got that code with the email confirmation.

I can pay extra to pick my seats but Carnival booked me at the lower fare. (probably similar to what the above person said about Delta and bulk seats).

We had Fly2Fun seats booked for our Europe cruise this summer (cancelled due to COVID, of course). i was able to call Carnival and change my routing.  Unfortunately once booked, you can't see what the alternatives are.  The person I spoke to at Carnival had to talk me through the various options and prices.  

I did this a few weeks ago, then found through Google tracking that prices had dropped.  I called the 800 Carnival number and the rep canceled the original flexible one and rebooted at the lower price.  I couldn't find a way to do it online.   

Sounds like Carnival is going to make me jump through hoops to change my flights. The flight prices aren't horrible but there just aren't any good flights times from San Francisco unless I want to pay over $400 a ticket for non stop to St Louis on United. I am hoping Southwest will have a better option. 80'sGal did you book directly through Carnival or through a travel agent? I am more familiar with Princess and if you book through a travel agent they won't talk to you they just tell you to call your travel agent.

48 minutes ago, Loritd said:

Sounds like Carnival is going to make me jump through hoops to change my flights. The flight prices aren't horrible but there just aren't any good flights times from San Francisco unless I want to pay over $400 a ticket for non stop to St Louis on United. I am hoping Southwest will have a better option. 80'sGal did you book directly through Carnival or through a travel agent? I am more familiar with Princess and if you book through a travel agent they won't talk to you they just tell you to call your travel agent.

I booked through the Carnival rep.  They will go over routes and prices, or you can view them on Fly2Fun, and then if the prices drop you just call back and have it adjusted with Carnival.  By the way, Carnival will give you the airline Locator Number if you ask for it.  That way, you can add the flight to your online login or airline app.

• Like 1

Just now, Loritd said:

I tried viewing the prices and routes on fly2fun but all I get is the message  "Guest already have flights assigned"  I must be done something wrong. I can't view the options. 

No, that's how it works.  After you book, it changes to that.   But you can monitor your flight prices and options via Google Flights or any other online tool and call back to get the price adjusted.