How hard can it be?

5 hours ago, AncientMariner48 said:

ARGH!!!!   On the phone yesterday with Princess for well over 2 hours.  They cannot tell me when we'll get a refund or why it has been over 120 days without a word.  They did tell me that their records show we will get a refund someday, although it will be a few dollars less than we paid, not counting the deposits and insurance.  Princess said they will keep the deposit and the insurance money and show this as a future credit.   Yea, like I am inclined to ever book with them.

I believe that Princess is using actuary tables and prioritizing payments to those expected to survive Covid.  And they also figure that many will not use the future credits.  

I had lost heart and got mine last week and was actually very slightly more! Maybe an exchange rate thing, don't give up!

• 2 weeks later...

I am now convinced that Princess is waiting for me to die, so they do not have to pay.    I have passed 130 days since the cancellation.  I have not received one piece of information from them, indicating status or scheduling.  No email, no text, no calls.  I have called a number of times and only received a shrug and requests  for me to be patient.  I have been patient.  I am sorry I ever booked with Princess and will never make that mistake again.  

We were on the Majestic back in Feb when remaining cruise was cancelled.  Yesterday (the 14th) we received our final checks for total we were due.  Received the first checks about 6 weeks ago.  ☺️   Hoping our next cruise is not cancelled.  It is to be in Feb, Panama Canal FL  to CA.  Thinking with departure and arrival ports being USA Maybe less hassle.