USAA Member travel- Anyone else use?

Not sure what forum this really belongs to but I have a Royal Caribbean cruise booked through USAA. Booked several months ago, have changed room category several times and last week changed from Allure to Symphony all emailing my agent. I've spent more $$ each change and he's been very pleasant. Few days after changing I noticed prices went down so I called the main number and asked whoever answered to reprice my room. My agent just emailed me wanting to know if I called and talked to someone else? How would he know and why would it matter ? It went down $200 so shouldn't cut big into commission. I feel like something fishy is going on. Any thoughts? Thanks!

56 minutes ago, Amanda31 said:

Not sure what forum this really belongs to but I have a Royal Caribbean cruise booked through USAA. Booked several months ago, have changed room category several times and last week changed from Allure to Symphony all emailing my agent. I've spent more $$ each change and he's been very pleasant. Few days after changing I noticed prices went down so I called the main number and asked whoever answered to reprice my room. My agent just emailed me wanting to know if I called and talked to someone else? How would he know and why would it matter ? It went down $200 so shouldn't cut big into commission. I feel like something fishy is going on. Any thoughts? Thanks!

He'd know because they use computers and since he booked your cruise, he's your agent that would be in the system.  Plus, he probably gets an automated email about any clients who call in.  What exactly are you suspicious of?  Why would you think commission had anything to do with anything?  

We've been USAA members for 39 years for insurance and car purchasing.  We've never use their travel service.   We also have credit cards through USAA.  Never had any issues with them.

Edited by BND

6 minutes ago, BND said:

He'd know because they use computers and since he booked your cruise, he's your agent that would be in the system.  Plus, he probably gets an automated email about any clients who call in.  What exactly are you suspicious of?  We've been USAA members for 39 years for insurance and car purchasing.  We've never use their travel service.   We also have credit cards through USAA.  Never had any issues with them.

In the past when I called to reprice a sold out category they have to put me on hold to call and check with RC to see if there really is a price drop. This time the other agent didn't call, he just said I can take $200 off. Then when the original agent emailed to see if I had talked to someone else it just seemed odd, but thanks for the explanation!

2 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Please note that we are not allowed to discuss travel agents in this forum.

This is no different than people mentioning superstores for booking, etc which they do.  If an admin disagrees, they can remove it.  You do  not appear to be an admin.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Please note that we are not allowed to discuss travel agents in this forum.

Actually:

General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

This was the second time I used the USAA MEMBER TRAVEL PRIVILEGES. I tried booking directly but when I put in payment info, it asked me to call. The site is easy to use. But this time, I had to speak with an agent. 

Ellie was my agent. I believe she is in Texas. She was patient, thorough, kind & spoke clearly. She found the fare I had identified on the website (which was lower than the one listed at the time of my call). Her effort saved me $ & made me feel appreciated as a customer. Never thought that spending $3000 would be a good experience; with Ellie, it was.