Anyone know quickest way to get refund for excursions?

missholly24

Hi! Does anyone know if it is quicker to cancel an excursion through the website as opposed to on the phone

when a cruise is cancelled due to COVID? I've heard horror stories on the length of time for refund. The $379

will come in handy when I schedule my Florida trip if August 1st cruise is cancelled. Thank you in advance!

p.s. the cruise stays there until you address it so I would have time to do that. 

2 minutes ago, shof515 said:

there is no quick way, the refunds will be eventfully processed and you will get the money back

Im curious because I've cancelled excursions in the past and the refund was processed that day. It would 

avoid the cancellation red tape. 

I've cancelled both cruises and excursions online and it usually shows up within 3-5 business days, sometimes a bit longer for the whole cruise amount.  The amount of time the refund takes usually depends on your bank. 

For reference, I cancelled our September cruise on May 19 and had the FCC and paid balance applied to our new cruise on June 5.  The excursions that I also cancelled on May 19 were credited on May 22 though, so quicker than the whole cruise amount. 

1 minute ago, iheartmarshall said:

I've cancelled both cruises and excursions online and it usually shows up within 3-5 business days, sometimes a bit longer for the whole cruise amount.  The amount of time the refund takes usually depends on your bank. 

For reference, I cancelled our September cruise on May 19 and had the FCC and paid balance applied to our new cruise on June 5.  The excursions that I also cancelled on May 19 were credited on May 22 though, so quicker than the whole cruise amount. 

Ok awesome thank you. That answers my question. Online is faster. 

Recently, I cancelled one online and one over the phone.  It took weeks for both of the credits to show up on my credit card.  All I can say is be patient.  I cancelled mine in April and saw my credits in May.  

Edited by chasinraynbowz
  • Like 1

I used online cancellation for some excursions scheduled for a June 19 Norwegian Fjords cruise back in March and got my credit card refund in a few days.  It took way longer to get the actual cruise fare refunded after Carnival officially nixed the sailing.