CruiseNext certificate on cancelled cruise?

Kimbahh

4 hours ago, julig22 said:

To clarify - you are getting 100% of your cruise fare credited to your account.  A return of your CN certificates (which you bought at a discounted price) plus the remainder as FCC.  In addition, you are getting a 25% bonus, based on the full fare, regardless of payment method.  And the rules differ on how you can use the "100%" FCC and the 25% FCC.

But-  IF you paid with FCC-   You get that returned in full.    But you do NOT get any bonus, with  amounts you paid with FCC.   

6 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

If you cancel your reservation after the CND expires, however, you lose the value of the CND.  That's how it has been explained to me by several different Cruise Next Managers on several different ships.  They may change their policy in the future, but that's how it has been in the past.

I follow the logic if the passenger cancels the booking. What if NCL cancels the booking after the original date of CN expired?

15 hours ago, Serengeti228 said:

I follow the logic if the passenger cancels the booking. What if NCL cancels the booking after the original date of CN expired?

There may be some provision in the rules for an extension if NCL cancels the cruise, or NCL may amend its rules in light of the current hiatus from cruising.  Nothing that I have read in the CND rules or in any of the emails I have received recently from NCL would indicate that, however, so it seems that if your CND expires between the time you book your cruise and the sailing date, and either you or NCL cancels the cruise, you probably will lose the value of your CND.  I hope someone can find an exception in the published CND rules or an email from NCL to the contrary which would permit an extension.

20 minutes ago, EleventyBangBang said:

I was told by my PCC that I had to cruise by the expiration date, but that's not what I remember being told when I bought them.

I think that your PCC may have misspoken.  Every Cruise Next Manager who has sold me one of the almost 50 CNDs that I have purchased over the years have made it clear that you only have to use them to book a cruise before their expiration date.  You don't actually have to sail before they expire.