B2B cruise booking

LizzieB86

6 hours ago, LizzieB86 said:

I just booked a B2b for Oct. 2021. Do I need to call Carnival to link the 2, or will they figure it out?

Linking is not needed. Near the end of your first cruise a letter explaining the B2B procedures will be left in your cabin. You can google this letter. Won’t hurt to advise guest services your on a B2B early into your first cruise. 

10 hours ago, LizzieB86 said:

I just booked a B2b for Oct. 2021. Do I need to call Carnival to link the 2, or will they figure it out?

I would go sometime during the first week to customer service and make sure you are on the b2b list. But then I'm a worrier.

Sometimes ccl might miss it? I just like it confirmed.

8 minutes ago, coevan said:

our cabin steward knew on day one, greeted us with a welcome aboard for 2 weeks!

I seem to always change cabins, though I finally have one booked same cabin. I've done at least 4 and never got that yet.

We are looking at adding a cruise to our Sept 2021 on the Horizon to make it a B2B since it looks like our August cruise will be cancelled 😞  I wasn't able to find our same cabin and couldn't even get on the same deck.  Does anyone know how that all works?  I know we'll have to pack up our stuff, but what do we do with our suitcases?  I was hoping that we'd be able to take to new cabin and just leave them in the room. 

I would not leave anything to chance, call Carnival and make sure your cruises are linked.

I have a B2B booked on the Breeze and I added the second week months after I booked the first week and was able to book the same stateroom.  I decided to call Carnival yesterday to make sure my bookings were linked and the Carnival TA said, "no", so she linked them together.

TeraB85:  I believe that your room steward will be responsible for moving your luggage and other items to your new stateroom.  

1 minute ago, tattoos said:

I would not leave anything to chance, call Carnival and make sure your cruises are linked.

I have a B2B booked on the Breeze and I added the second week months after I booked the first week and was able to book the same stateroom.  I decided to call Carnival yesterday to make sure my bookings were linked and the Carnival TA said, "no", so she linked them together.

TeraB85:  I believe that your room steward will be responsible for moving your luggage and other items to your new stateroom.  

Really?  That would be awesome!  Would love to hear people's experience with doing this.

I usually book early enough so that I get the same cabin for both sailings.  You can always keep checking to see if cabin opens up so that you can get both cabins for the same sailings.  A little extra effort to keep checking but worth it to stay in the same cabin.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Terab85 said:

We are looking at adding a cruise to our Sept 2021 on the Horizon to make it a B2B since it looks like our August cruise will be cancelled 😞  I wasn't able to find our same cabin and couldn't even get on the same deck.  Does anyone know how that all works?  I know we'll have to pack up our stuff, but what do we do with our suitcases?  I was hoping that we'd be able to take to new cabin and just leave them in the room. 

You could look to see if a cabin to your liking is available for both cruises and then book that cabin for both. That's what I did for our B2B (maybe) in Oct on the Magic. Even if it costs a little more, it might be worth it just to have the same cabin and not have to pack and unpack (a second time)

Edited by SDPadreFan
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SDPadreFan said:

You could look to see if a cabin to your liking is available for both cruises and then book that cabin for both. That's what I did for our B2B (maybe) in Oct on the Magic. Even if it costs a little more, it might be worth it just to have the same cabin and not have to pack and unpack (a second time)

I think we're going to end up adding a cruise before our Mardi Gras cruise in April.  Our current cabin is open, so we'll be able to keep our stuff there for the full 14 days 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terab85 said:

I think we're going to end up adding a cruise before our Mardi Gras cruise in April.  Our current cabin is open, so we'll be able to keep our stuff there for the full 14 days 👍

We had Mardi Gras booked for the 15 day New York to Canaveral repositioning until the shipyard had delays. That was even before COVID-19. So our Magic B2B in October (if it goes) is to make up for it. If they CNX that one then it will be 2022 before we can book another B2B (or something else). We already have our 2021 vacation weeks committed. We have a 15 night San Diego to Hawaii in April next year and then 2 weeks at out timeshare in Cabo San Lucas at the end of October next year.