MSC Webpage Check in

paulrgesch

I am booked onto the MSC Seaside. The site accepts my booking number and shows my selected cruise. However, although on the check in page were it says I can check in NOW and up to 48 hours before my cruise, it will not accept my booking number. Called MSC and they said I could not check in until 48 hours before my cruise which is not was the check in page said. Is the web page malfunctioning or am I doing something wrong. I have never used MSC before nor their web site. Need help on this. Thank you.

Challenging is an understatement. Here is what the website says: "Check in online is available up to 48 hours before your cruise begins". It does not say that check in can not begin until 48 hours before cruise begins. With over 5,000 checking in I can imagine web page being overrun to the point where web page is shut down because of the sheer volume. Doesn't make any sense. This is the first cruise line ever encountered to do that if you are right. Thank you for your input. So far MSC has left a bad taste in my mouth. Hope it is not a sign of things to come. Again as it says check in is available up to 48 hours before cruise day, and some say cannot check in until 48 hours - BOTH STATEMENTS CANNOT BE CORRECT.

1 hour ago, paulrgesch said:

Challenging is an understatement. Here is what the website says: "Check in online is available up to 48 hours before your cruise begins". It does not say that check in can not begin until 48 hours before cruise begins. With over 5,000 checking in I can imagine web page being overrun to the point where web page is shut down because of the sheer volume. Doesn't make any sense. This is the first cruise line ever encountered to do that if you are right. Thank you for your input. So far MSC has left a bad taste in my mouth. Hope it is not a sign of things to come. Again as it says check in is available up to 48 hours before cruise day, and some say cannot check in until 48 hours - BOTH STATEMENTS CANNOT BE CORRECT.

It must be a problem with the website because I always do all the check-in as soon as the booking is put in the system. 

I would call back and if the representative can't fix it, request to talk with the network/Internet/IT group.  Normally they'll have to get an ok by somebody like a supervisor but I've always been able to talk with someone that either can fix it or put a request in for someone else to fix.

Good luck.

Called and talked tp Rep. They are currently working on the web site with major updates. They said that is why information is not currently not available. They also said that check in was not available until a week before the cruise. The other rep said 48 hours before the cruise. So now I have two different responses. Their web site does not indicate they are down for updates. Keeps a person wondering.

You can do the Web Check In on the US site up to 48hrs before sailing.  I've done the check in for a sailing 600 days out.  Frequently the check in pages are not working.  Sometimes it is best to do it from the check in page with the "Log in" to account.  I've always had trouble if trying from the individual "Enter booking" login.  It also usually works if you first log in to your MSC account, be sure you have the desired booking selected from the drop down list and then click web check in from the top banner choices. 

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/web-check-in

In the past, I have been able to check in several weeks out....or at least start putting information in.  When I try to bring up my Nov 2020 sailing on Seaside, I get an error message, which I assume is MSC updating the web site, even though the web site does not have an indication of that.  When I clicked "web check in" at the top, it does take me to my booking, but is now listed as the Meraviglia, not the Seaside.  Makes me think major overhauls are underway.....