Flying to Europe in Oct/Nov for Med? Possible?

BoundForSea

Looking for some educated feedback on whether or not we may be able to at least fly to Europe in October-December to pick up a Med Itinerary. I’m remaining optimistic but the reality is beginning to set in that we wont cruise from North America until 2021.  I’d love to take this time to do the Med Itinerary we’ve been wanting to. 

A number of European countries are beginning to reduce restrictions to allow tourists from other European countries in the coming weeks, with varying quarantine rules. Visitors from non - EU countries are not being permitted. Additionally, there have been reports that whilst tourist are being permiited to visit, there is not provision for cruise ships to return.

On 3 June, Italy unilaterally reopened its borders and ended regional travel restrictions, and the country entered phase three of its lockdown lifting on 15 June. Cruises on Italian ships remain suspended.

In Spain the ban on cruise ships was recently extended indefinitely.

https://www.worldofcruising.co.uk/travel-to-spain-cruise-ship-ban-extended/

I wish I had an answer --- for me as well as for you.

I'm due to join the Preziosa in Le Havre (France) in late October. It will have departed Hamburg a few days earlier.  The itinerary calls for ports in UK, Spain, Portugal, the Canary Islands, and Brazil.

But:

1. Who knows if non-Europeans will be allowed into Europe, and, if so, what the self-isolation rules will be.

2. How many ports will allow cruise ships to dock?

3. Will the Preziosa be sailing out of Brazil this winter?

4. Will MSC be interested in getting the Preziosa to Europe this fall? (She's currently off the coast of Florida.)

I'm afraid I'm generally pessimistic that this cruise will happen. In fact, I doubt there will be much if any cruising until well into 2021. My only "educated feedback" would be to wait until you are sure rather than booking speculatively. I wish I hadn't, but that was last fall when all this was unthinkable.

LPD

Thanks for both of those replies. Both have good info. I was enthusiastic for Fall but due to alot of different reasons these days It indeed is looking bleak for 2020 at all. Ive had three canceled on me and rebooked all three, two are in October and December. Then January and April. When I stepped off Meraviglia in mid February little did I know that might be last time I see a ship for a year, and might also have been the last of cruising as we’ve known it for a long time. 

It appears increasingly unlikely that cruising will resume this year.  The CDC is already setting guidelines that will make it very difficult to get started.  Significant redesigning will have to happen on MSC ships before they will be able to sail again.  
I would find it difficult if not impossible to board a ship without a reliable quick test for each passenger.  

1 hour ago, Couple-Somerset said:

MSC have moved all the Virtuosa sailings to Grandiosa today.

Grandiosa wont be going to Brazil so is covering the sailings the shipyard delayed Virtuosa would have been doing.

For our December sailing out of Barcelona, many of us have received confirmation of the ship change but everyone has commented that their cabin has been made a GTY at this moment in time.

There is talk that MSC UK will be announcing changes later today.

Of course, just because they are planning ahead, does not mean it will actually happen.

We had significant changes to our itinerary in February, embarkation port and ports of call, whilst they updated the itinerary we had GTY001 shown as the cabin No. Once they had finished the changes our selected cabin reappeared.