Havana Pool Open To Everyone??

CChamp

Before the virus, on the Horizon everyone was allowed into the Havana pool area after 7pm (I think). I also think that I heard somewhere that they had stopped doing that. Does anyone remember if they did indeed stop everyone from entering after 7pm or not? Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, CChamp said:

Before the virus, on the Horizon everyone was allowed into the Havana pool area after 7pm (I think). I also think that I heard somewhere that they had stopped doing that. Does anyone remember if they did indeed stop everyone from entering after 7pm or not? Thanks in advance.

Yes, many months before the virus Carnival reversed the after 7pm open to all rule due to popular demand. 

Edited by sanmarcosman

33 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Curious with reduced capacity if it's higher odds it'll be open to regular passengers longer.

Longer? When Carnival shut down due to the virus the pool and spa area wasn't available to non-Havana guests at all.

I can't speak for the cruises in spring and summer when the sunlight is longer, but in the wintertime, on both the Horizon and the Vista, there were few if any non-Havana deck passengers in the pool or around the deck.  The pools are small, barely the size of 2 hot tubs.  7P is in middle of dining times and shows and night activities start soon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ronbe65 said:

What "Reduced Capacity" means for different ships.

Due to low space ratio, Vista class ships will need more reduction in capacity when cruises resume.

There will be no pools except real swimming pools (that Vista class ships do not have) if social distancing requirement remains in place.

Happy cruising!

They'll remove every other lounger, every other table and put social distance stickers on the floor.  May post a crew member around high traffic areas and elevators to gently remind folks to social distance but it won't be heavily enforced.  I expect at around 50-60% capacity.  If I do a ghost booking pick my cabin now on a sailing, it appears all cabins are bookable.