How has Royal handled the 125% FCC for cruises canceled before final payment is due?

I know most of the cancellations have been after final payment date but I'm pretty sure some were before.

For cancellations before final payment, did they offer the 125%  FCC?  If they did, what did they give 125% of, e.g. the minimum deposit, the amount paid already, the whole cruise fare?

Maybe I'm over thinking it, but here is why I'm asking. To start, let me say that I know there is no guarantee that Royal will continue to offer 125% FCC or that the rules will remain the same.   

Our next booked cruise is November 28, 2020 on the Grandeur and we really want to go.  Final payment is due in a little over 2 months, but it wouldn't really cost us anything to pay now. If the cruise happens as scheduled, great we will celebrate my wife's 50th birthday in style.

Unfortunately there is a real chance that it will be canceled during the next couple of months. If that happens, even if they extend the Lift and Shift program we won't be able to use it.  (We already did more than one Lift and Shift and are going to have ask nicely to get the extra time off as it is.) We do have other cruises booked that we could apply FCC to though. In that case getting an extra 25% of the full cruise fare instead of 25% the minimum deposit would make the cancellation hurt just a bit less.

So am I off base here?

Edited by notmyrealnameoremail
clarity

3 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

I know most of the cancellations have been after final payment date but I'm pretty sure some were before.

For cancellations before final payment, did they offer the 125%  FCC?  If they did, what did they give 125% of, e.g. the minimum deposit, the amount paid already, the whole cruise fare.

Maybe I'm over thinking it, but here is why I'm asking. To start, let me say that there is no guarantee that Royal will continue to offer 125% FCC or that the rules will remain the same.   

Our next booked cruise is November 28, 2020 on the Grandeur and we really want to go.  Final payment is due in a little over 2 months, but it wouldn't really cost us anything to pay now. If the cruise happens as scheduled, great we will celebrate my wife's 50th birthday in style.

Unfortunately there is a real chance that it will be canceled during the next couple of months. If that happens, even if they extend the Lift and Shift program we won't be able to use it.  (We already did more than one Lift and Shift and are going to have ask nicely to get the extra time off as it is.) We do have other cruises booked that we could apply FCC to though. In that case getting an extra 25% of the full cruise fare instead of 25% the minimum deposit would make the cancellation hurt just a bit less.

So am I off base here?

You only get 125% if Royal cancels the cruise and it is only on actual money paid.  If you cancel it you get 100%

I wouldn’t decide anything until the day before final payment. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You only get 125% if Royal cancels the cruise and it is only on actual money paid.  If you cancel it you get 100%

I wouldn’t decide anything until the day before final payment. 

Ken,

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  We want to go, but want to get the maximum if they cancel before final payment is due. 

If they are paying 125% of the amount paid then  I'm thinking we would get a lot more if we have paid the cruise off.

Tom

4 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Ken,

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  We want to go, but want to get the maximum if they cancel before final payment is due. 

If they are paying 125% of the amount paid then  I'm thinking we would get a lot more if we have paid the cruise off.

Tom

I’m not sure how they would handle that as it has really only been this recent round of cancellations that they have cancelled before final payment. Prior to this everything was cancelled by Royal after final payment was made. 

I’ll see if the FAQ’s have been updated. 

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It works for some and fir some it doesn’t.  I paid my Alaska cruise off Just to get the 125%.  

I have done both. Cancelled my August Harmony before FP, but Made FP on an Oasis September 13th cruise and will make FP on the Allure TA—— assuming Royal doesn’t cancel it first. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1