Cruise paid with FCC cancelled

keifernny

Hi Everyone,

I was reading the celebrity faq and it is a bit confusing due to the wording they use. Maybe someone else has run into the same situation.

I was scheduled for a 2/1cruise to Asia on Millenium, which we cancelled the day before departure and received 100% FCC. This was the first cruise that celebrity allowed cancellation on due to covid but before they created any official programs. I applied the FCC to the final payment on my 8/17 Greece Cruise on Constellation, which is now cancelled.

I called my big box TA yesterday and they weren't sure whether I'd be eligible to get my money back, FCC, or 125% FCC.

Has anyone run into this situation yet?

Thanks!

From other threads it seems like Cruise with Confidence FCC - the 100% when you cancelled - can only be returned as FCC again but if you had 125% FCC from a cancelled cruise which was used for a second cruise that was cancelled then you could get that refunded.

From my understanding any FCC used toward payment for a suspended cruise will be reinstated.  Any additional funds can be returned as 125% FCC or 100% refund.

But it would make sense that if you applied a 125% FCC that could now be refunded.  I would assume though that it would only be refunded at the original 100%.  Remember the original 125% FCC could be exchanged for a 100% refund prior to 12/31/2020 for these early suspensions.   I believe some of the later sailings had earlier deadlines.

This already happened to us...

The answer is simple: any FCC applied to a cruise, regardless if it originated from 100 or 125%, will be reissued as FCC. 

Once applied, the option to switch 125% FCC into 100% refund is gone. What was FCC stays FCC.

Any additional payment can be refunded or turned into 125% FCC.

One of the reasons I keep telling people to only apply their 125 % FCC at the last possible moment in order to keep the option to change their mind.

Edited by Miaminice