Magical Moments

Sailing out of Sydney Harbor at night and seeing that beautiful, iconic opera house lit up after having an interior and exterior tour of it a few hours earlier.  

Riding in a bucking, water-logged Zodiac back to the ship in Antarctica.  I laughed about it despite being a somewhat afraid I might end up in the water.  

Hiking up to a weather station in the Galapagos.  It was not a challenging climb until we got to the areas with missing wood planks.  My husband is tall so he just stepped over to the next secure plank.  I am NOT tall and had to spider myself onward via the hand rail structure.  Thinking about it now, I get a slightly nervous tummy. 😳

Setting foot on our 7th continent in the lovely, friendly country of Vietnam.  I falteringly follow a Buddhist philosophy so completing a life goal after a serious illness in a largely Buddhist country was magical.

Edited by Bookish Angel
  • Like 1

Like so many, I love the sunrise and sunset at sea.  Being in the US Navy I rarely was able to see that being on a sub.  I cherish my morning coffee, roaming the ship almost alone and just being able to peacefully watch the sun coming over the horizon.  The fresh sea air, the sound of the ocean and that anticipation or another fun day at sea.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 6:58 PM, cb at sea said:

If waves were "crashing" against the ship, you would know it.  What you're hearing is the wind....which is somewhat magical in it's own right.

BS. Either you have never been on a ship in a balcony cabin, or you're completely deaf.

Two or three come to mind: Climbing up to the crows nest on the old HAL New Amsterdam (mid-1980's) to see Haley's comet; Lying down on the Helipad on Oasis of the Seas watching the total solar eclipse; and sailing around in circles off the coast of Cuba during hurricane Dorian watching the most spectacular sunset we've ever seen.

0176c81bfc872a9809bccd346c027da4e26b8aca48.jpg

018bb9bcd2741f4ee0296d995ab8e94e39aa203863.jpg

• Like 1