Tub Overflow Thing-y

bepsf

OK, I know that this is a crazy question and there are thousands of reasons I shouldn't want to do this, so please bear with me...

Where can I find one of those suctioncup-kinda-thingies that you mount over the overflow device on the bathtub so that the water level is higher than what it would be normally?

I love my quiet pre-dinner bubble-baths in the jacuzzi tub, but the water level never stays high enough for me :(

BTW - There are drains in the floors of all the ship's bathrooms so if the place gets hit by a wave and suddenly rolls over, all the spilled water and suds can go down the floor drain...

;)

For a minute or two, I thought this was going to be in the same vein as that ever so infamous TP roller thread, lol!!! :eek:

However, DH can relate - he hates that the water level cannot get high enough in many bath tubs before starting to drain... one reason we purchased a super large tub (66" x 36" x 30") for our bathroom remodel. :)

I think Mr. Boston has it - Bed, Bath & Beyond (or Linen's & Things) would be the place I'd check first.

If you don't have a BBB that is close by, let me know - we have one very near us and I'd be happy to stop in and check and get one for you. :)

Brian - you can always take a screwdriver, unscrew it and turn the overflow thingy upside down and screw it back in that would give you a few more inches of water. ;)

Actually, I have seen the suction overflow things at The Container Store and once saw them at the Dollar store. But Bed, Bath and Beyond or Linens and Things would be my first choice.

They are usually where various "notions" are sold. I always carry one when I travel, not for the tub, but for washbasins that do not have stoppers, so I can hand wash a few unmentionables.

I'm assuming you mean the thin rubbery circles that cover the drain and are held in place by the weight of the water.

OK, I know that this is a crazy question and there are thousands of reasons I shouldn't want to do this, so please bear with me...

Where can I find one of those suctioncup-kinda-thingies that you mount over the overflow device on the bathtub so that the water level is higher than what it would be normally?

I love my quiet pre-dinner bubble-baths in the jacuzzi tub, but the water level never stays high enough for me :(

BTW - There are drains in the floors of all the ship's bathrooms so if the place gets hit by a wave and suddenly rolls over, all the spilled water and suds can go down the floor drain...

;)

Brian,

This may sound funny but....... use your foot! When the level gets high enough remove your foot and leave the water running. Keeps the temperature up and at the high level.

See.... for every stupid question there is a stupid answer!!!!!!!!!!!!! (but this works)

Stephen

Brian - DH is a heating & A/C mechanical wonder. Also very familiar with plumbing. Says you need something dome-shaped with suction since most over-flows are an attachment to the tub. Says a hardware store like Lowe's or HomeDepot most likely won't have what you need. BBB or L&T is your best bet. If you can't get one, he loved the idea of duct tape. He'll be bringing along a roll for it's myriad other uses. If you need some, be sure to stop by. :)

in my opinion if the ship rolls over you have a lot more important things to think about then where the bath water goes---it actually will mix with the sea water and one way or another it will go back to the sea --especially if the ship sinks

Did you really write that?????? :D

Wonder what the steward would think if it were inadvertently left on there? Hee.

I didn't want to write "Try a Bruin" Jim, I'm a big UCLA fan. Plus, yeah, if he's gonna use one , he'd better properly dispose of it;)

Guest Celestia

Had to run out to the pharmacy and other errands this AM so I ducked into BBaB for a quick look....

My local Bed Bath and Beyond has the item you seek!

LMK if you don't have one near you or your local store doesn't have it and I'll help you out....can't have you missing that super soak!

FW&FS,

Celestia

They are also in every catalog I get!!! But you may not have time for that. If you're in a hurry, the internet is the way to go. Get 2 day delivery. The "thingee" should cost about $5 and the delivery about $15 ... in a word ... "priceless":D

Where'd you go, Brian!? Talk about post a question and run!!!!!

Archived