Comped Internet pkg for YC Guests

Seadweller001

I read many months ago that as of a date in May, 2020, the YC guests will get an internet package.  I have been checking the currentYC  perks and do not see any sign of free internet.  Something on the order of 4 gigs of data per cruise (in the Caribbean) was stated on the MSC site but no where to be found currently.

Does anyone have any insight on this to share?

The Premium internet package is included on YC sailings starting May, 2020.  The amount of data is dependent on cruise length.  It can be seen listed online on your booking details and is also on the Booking Confirmation document, see the Privileges section.

YC.jpg

ETA: It's also on the US website experience description.  Go to the bottom section of the page and click the Exclusivity tab.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise/msc-yacht-club

Edited by Até

Just to add, I've been seeing new packages listed rather than the old Standard and Premium.  One is called "Browse" and the other is "Browse and Stream".  They are available based on number of devices, can be purchased per person and have no data limits.  So there is some uncertainty on exactly what the "Premium" YC package will entail, meaning whether streaming will be enabled.   I'm pretty sure there will still be a data limit on any bookings already made.

I agree there is a lot of poor proofreading on the MSC website.  Here's an example from a Seashore booking window where it states for a YC Deluxe that WiFi is an extra fee....

YC1.jpg

Agreed, I still cannot find the above listing that shows up to 4 GB of comped internet.

Could be they rescinded this due to the revenue lost from COVID.

Guess I will find out on Nov 1 when we sail from Port Canaveral on Seaside.

And my bet is MSC Customer Service will have no clue about this so why waste the effort beforehand.

Strange.  Here are two booking confirmations from the same YC cruise booked before the internet was included.  One printed from before the announcement and one from after.  The "Premium internet up to 4GB" line was added under Privileges.  All my newer YC bookings have had the line included.

YC2.jpg

YC1.jpg

Edited by Até

When we get closer to final pymt for Nov, Aug 1,,  I will call MSC and find out for sure.

Currently, all we want is the cruise to sail from PC, the perks are secondary. Funny how priorities change in life.

Thanks for sharing and looks like you are on the money with your answer.