Wow, sticker shock

Sorry for your loss.  Have you considered the Cruise with Confidence program?  Any cruise (all current deployments as of May 6, 2020) booked prior to August 1, 2020 and sailing by April 2022 may be canceled up to 48 hours before sailing with no penalty.  The fare and fees paid will be refunded and the deposits will be returned as an FCC,

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Synchronaut said:

I just had to cancel our 2022 cruise because my husband passed away (not from the virus) on April 2.  I thought maybe I would try cruising by myself and looked up another 2022 cruise in a Solo cabin.  The non-refundable fare on line was about $2200.00.  When I called because I would like a refundable fare, I was told the fare is $3780.00.  Yikes! 

I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for your loss.

Graham.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Synchronaut said:

my husband passed away (not from the virus) on April 2.  I thought maybe I would try cruising by myself 

Sorry for your loss. You should be proud of yourself for contemplating a trip. I know it must be so hard to think of doing something you probably really like, without him. But I'm sure he's smiling down upon you. If I hadn't planned a cruise immediately after my mother's(best friend and only travel buddy at the time) death, I doubt I would have done 7 since. 

The best of luck to you. 😁

20 hours ago, Ashland said:

Perhaps consider booking the non-refundable and since you have so much time, then at some point change it to refundable. Did you also consider booking a d with a TBD. Not sure if that helps but just wanted to offer the suggestion.

I'm not sure if you can change from a NR to a Refundable deposit.  I tried to on my April 4, '21 Anthem's sail, but my TA told me I cannot.   

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

I'm not sure if you can change from a NR to a Refundable deposit.  I tried to on my April 4, '21 Anthem's sail, but my TA told me I cannot.   

Sorry for the confusion...see my post #14