Lift and shift question

I just got off the phone with Celebrity.  They changed our cruise using the lift and shift, same cruise a year later and got to keep the suite we had.  However, I was on the phone for 47 minutes.  When he first changed it the cost of the cruise went down $860.  He said he was waiting for someone to give us all the "perks" we had and apologized for the delay.  However, once they did the price increased back to the original cost.  But the only extra perk I got was a little more onboard credit.  Like an extra $100 I think.  Shouldn't we get the current pricing or does it not work that way?

43 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I just got off the phone with Celebrity.  They changed our cruise using the lift and shift, same cruise a year later and got to keep the suite we had.  However, I was on the phone for 47 minutes.  When he first changed it the cost of the cruise went down $860.  He said he was waiting for someone to give us all the "perks" we had and apologized for the delay.  However, once they did the price increased back to the original cost.  But the only extra perk I got was a little more onboard credit.  Like an extra $100 I think.  Shouldn't we get the current pricing or does it not work that way?

Only 47 minutes??? That’s a new record. I have done 3 hours with them before. Next time, use a local TA and let them sit on hold to get you what you want. Won’t cost you a penny more and it might even get you something else. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I’m on the website trying to do this, but it says they will select the “best available” stateroom in my category. Can we choose our own?  I don’t want to proceed and not get the suite we have now. (It’s available)

We were able to select the cabin we wanted, it was a different cabin than in original booking, but obviously same category.

done the lift & shift today thru Captains Club, was on hold for less than 1 min. before talking to a live person. Got shifted to the next year and picked a better cabin with a bigger  balcony  in the 1A cat. Already see the new room number, but at the higher price, Agent said to give up to a week to see my original price & perks!

Thinking about a L & S for our 24 December (2020) cruise.  Do all the same conditions apply?  I see that NCTeacher got the best price guarantee, is that standard for all L & S?  Can you still cancel up to 48 hours prior to sailing and get a FCC?

Have to make the decision before August 1st but as the days go by I really can't see an Australia-New Zealand cruise happening this year.