Anybody out know what the new promo will be starting 7/7?

KurtMo

On 7/7/2020 at 5:26 PM, mikkelhansen said:

I would expect a flash sale this coming weekend or next weekend.

As expected, another 5-day flash sale starts on Thursday:

Three "free" perks; Classic beverage package, 150$pp and prepaid gratuities for ALL guests 1-5 in the stateroom. Booking window: July 16 - July 20, 2020, the offer is applicable for "new bookings" (but try your luck with your existing booking, if the new price during the promotion is good) on all stateroom types from Inside through Aqua Class, for "select" sailings departing October 3, 2020 - May 4, 2022. Combinable with July savings, Sail Your Way (Rate Only) and FCCs.

Suite guests also get all four perks for ALL guests 1-5 in the stateroom.

This could definitely be a great offer for family bookings or other bookings with 3 or more persons in the same stateroom, but also for "normal" 2 person bookings.

Since they actually write that the promotion is combinable with the cruise-only fare, I would interpret this as the three perks actually being free, but possibly (and probably) with a hefty base price increase, to account for the "free" perks.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Special_Offers/CEL_July_5Day_Flash_Sale.pdf

3 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

Three "free" perks; Classic beverage package, 150$pp and prepaid gratuities for ALL guests 1-5 in the stateroom.

Since they actually write that the promotion is combinable with the cruise-only fare, I would interpret this as the three perks actually being free, but possibly (and probably) with a hefty base price increase, to account for the "free" perks.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Special_Offers/CEL_July_5Day_Flash_Sale.pdf

I suspect you are right that it will mean price increase but for some it might still work out ahead (a girl can dream LOL).  I did so much rethinking about about a cruise I had booked for April 2021, shifted, changed, canceled and ended up regretting only to book something else late 2021 that was ultimately less of a deal than what I had (stupid) so maybe this could take me back a bit to pre-regret.  I need my brain shut off to stop second guessing and mucking with my bookings (unless to improve).  I only have beverage package 'perk' now so maybe I could gain the OBC and gratuities for a small price, we shall see.  Wouldn't be a new booking but nothing stopping me from cancelling and rebooking if that's what it takes.

I expect the increase will end up being hefty so math is our friend.

On 7/14/2020 at 9:54 AM, mikkelhansen said:

Three "free" perks; Classic beverage package, 150$pp and prepaid gratuities for ALL guests 1-5 in the stateroom. Booking window: July 16 - July 20, 2020, the offer is applicable for "new bookings" (but try your luck with your existing booking, if the new price during the promotion is good) on all stateroom types from Inside through Aqua Class, for "select" sailings departing October 3, 2020 - May 4, 2022. Combinable with July savings, Sail Your Way (Rate Only) and FCCs.

This could definitely be a great offer for family bookings or other bookings with 3 or more persons in the same stateroom, but also for "normal" 2 person bookings.

I am not seeing this 'sale' on the website yet?  Maybe slow putting it up on their site or maybe won't be starting till late in the day?

20 minutes ago, poffles said:

I am not seeing this 'sale' on the website yet?  Maybe slow putting it up on their site or maybe won't be starting till late in the day?

Celebrity's promotions have loaded slowly over the last few months. The promotions generally seem to go live around 8-10am Eastern Time.

I just made a mock booking on our April 2021 Apex cruise, and the promotion is live on that cruise now. But, as expected, the three perks are not free, actually the 7-day cruise with three perks costs me 490$ more for the stateroom than the base price without any perks.

Two perks would normally cost 280$ (20$ per person per day), so it's 210$ additionally for one more perk. Normally I would choose beverage package and OBC, so the extra 210$ for gratuities are just about what the actual gratuities would be for a 7-day cruise in an Inside stateroom!

What a deal!!! I can only hope that the final price adjustments haven't gone live yet, otherwise this promotion is yet another bummer in my case.

27 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

Celebrity's promotions have loaded slowly over the last few months. The promotions generally seem to go live around 8-10am Eastern Time.

I just made a mock booking on our April 2021 Apex cruise, and the promotion is live on that cruise now. But, as expected, the three perks are not free, actually the 7-day cruise with three perks costs me 490$ more for the stateroom than the base price without any perks.

Two perks would normally cost 280$ (20$ per person per day), so it's 210$ additionally for one more perk. Normally I would choose beverage package and OBC, so the extra 210$ for gratuities are just about what the actual gratuities would be for a 7-day cruise in an Inside stateroom!

What a deal!!! I can only hope that the final price adjustments haven't gone live yet, otherwise this promotion is yet another bummer in my case.

That is my expectation 😞  I looked yesterday at a promotion I reached from somewhere on their main page ... I thought under 'deals' (I could not repeat it later in the day) and it offered 2 perks but the base price was literally $500 CAD more pp than mine that included 1 perk... hmmm.  I thought later, let me look at that again and I could not get there again ... I could only get to the 'lower' price one I seen day earlier and all along that was similar to what I paid ... what the ???  I was thinking okay they upped prices day before the 3 'free' perks offer but it would seem it was very temporary ...  I really have to get a better hobby LOL

EDITED TO ADD ... I see the 5 day flash sale on the main page now.   AND the price is the higher one I seen yesterday so SHOCKER (not).  I can pay $1,200 CAD more for two people (10 day) to get 2 perks FREE LOL.

Edited by poffles

• 2 weeks later...

And here we go again. This seems to be Celebrity's MO at the moment, a new 5-day flash sale every two weeks. This flash sale is completely identical to the one from two weeks ago:

Three "free" perks; Classic beverage package, 150$pp and prepaid gratuities for ALL guests 1-5 in the stateroom. Booking window: July 30 - August 3, 2020, the offer is applicable for "new bookings" (but try your luck with your existing booking, if the new price during the promotion is good) on all stateroom types from Inside through Aqua Class, for "select" sailings departing October 3, 2020 - May 4, 2022. Combinable with July savings and FCCs.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Special_Offers/CEL_Jul30_Aug3_5Day_Flash_Sale.pdf

Their "base" savings offer has been extended until September 7, 2020: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Special_Offers/CEL_July_Brand_Offer_Savings_for_All.pdf

23 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

Booking window: July 30 - August 3, 2020, the offer is applicable for "new bookings" (but try your luck with your existing booking, if the new price during the promotion is good) on all stateroom types from Inside through Aqua Class, for "select" sailings departing October 3, 2020 - May 4, 2022.

It's worth asking - or having your TA ask. Mine was able to change me from the 2/14/21 Edge back to the 2/13/21 Apex (I like Western better) and was able to put me in a Solo IV cabin (had one on Edge in Feb, it's fine for me) and bumped up to all 4 perks since I have FCC on there. I only owe a little bit on taxes/fees (FCC doesn't cover those), and I have a little bit of FCC left over which she will apply to one of my July 2021 B2B cruises. I don't know if changing a cruise  from one to another counts as a "new booking" - I still have the same confirmation number...maybe it's that I changed cruises so it is new to that cruise? OR maybe my TA is just awesome! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned above, this seems to be the new black in Celebrity's marketing department; a 5-day flash sale every two weeks.

Three "free" perks; Classic beverage package, Unlimited Internet and prepaid gratuities for ALL guests 1-5 in the stateroom. Booking window: August 13 - August 17, 2020, the offer is applicable for "new bookings" (but try your luck with your existing booking, if the new price during the promotion is good) on all stateroom types from Inside through Aqua Class, for "select" sailings departing November 2, 2020 - May 4, 2022. Combinable with August savings and FCCs.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Special_Offers/CEL_Dream_BIG_Sale_EndsAug17.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

As predicted, yet another flash sale coming up.

The new flash sale starting tomorrow is completely identical to the last one:

Three "free" perks; Classic beverage package, Unlimited Internet and prepaid gratuities for ALL guests 1-5 in the stateroom. Booking window: August 27 - August 31, 2020, the offer is applicable for "new bookings" (but try your luck with your existing booking, if the new price during the promotion is good) on all stateroom types from Inside through Aqua Class, for "select" sailings departing November 2, 2020 - May 4, 2022. Combinable with August savings and FCCs.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Special_Offers/CEL_Dream_BIG_Sale_EndsAug31.pdf