Anybody out know what the new promo will be starting 7/7?

KurtMo

I guess we can all just wait until tomorrow.......most ‘inside info’ I’ve seen on these threads have as much chance being right as flipping a coin: “Nope Wrong, and Nope Really Really Wrong’. 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does it really matter? All they do is raise the prices to cover whatever perks they are offering. This promo is a perfect example where the cruise we are watching went up $800 with this “sale” of 3 perks. 

Bring back all 4 perks with decent prices and reduced deposits and the bookings will increase tremendously. 

• Like 11

Totally agree WNcruiser. Why so many different sales? You can’t get your arms around one and it changes the next week. Prices are going through the ceiling for a cruise line that should be enticing cruisers. But again all supply and demand. Out of our league now but will wait till something affordable comes along.

2 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

Does it really matter? All they do is raise the prices to cover whatever perks they are offering. This promo is a perfect example where the cruise we are watching went up $800 with this “sale” of 3 perks. 

Bring back all 4 perks with decent prices and reduced deposits and the bookings will increase tremendously. 

We had booked a fall 2021 cruise early last week and when the new promo came out the price stayed exactly the same and we added a perk.  So in our case the promotion was a good deal.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

You have about as much chance of getting that as we do getting snow in Phoenix Sunday. They're talking 116 and sunny so if we get it, it won't stay on the ground long.

I would expect a flash sale this coming weekend or next weekend.

That does seem to be Celebrity's current modus operandi.  Meanwhile, the cost of our September 2021 cruise went up again -- is now more than  $2k more than the standard balcony with 4 perks 2020 pricing. Crazy. 

2 hours ago, dutchclogs said:

Meanwhile, the cost of our September 2021 cruise went up again -- is now more than  $2k more than the standard balcony with 4 perks 2020 pricing. Crazy. 

Our Apex April 2021 cruise is up about 400$, so not that much - but it's an Inside stateroom, and for our 400$ lower fare we got three perks + 200$ bonus OBC, instead of only the two current perks WITH the price increase.

We're excited to see if we will even be going, the current situation in Florida is a mess. We have already booked flight tickets from Europe and booked Airbnb, so we really hope that we will be sailing in April!

The prices of the cruises will increase.   

I have a B2B In a SS booked but  have different cabins in the same category as the same cabin wasn’t available.  I constantly check to see if we could possibly get the same cabin for both cruises.  Both are 5 day cruises.   From  this morning July 8 to later in the day both cruises increased $500 pp in price for the same SS category with the same 4 perks.   If we booked the same cruises  today it would cost us $2000 more.  

a AQ cabin with 3 perks is more than what we paid for a SS that includes all 4 plus all the amenities that come with a SS.

Promos are for selling and don’t mean  a discounted price that many are conditioned to think. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

Thanks Gerelmx for a straightforward answer (instead of "sales are for idiots" or "prices always go up").  I am a veteran of many sailings and you CAN occasionally find deals that fit your specific situation (not necessarily deals for everybody in all situations). 🙂

• Like 1

I am getting promo emails nearly daily but wont consider any of them until I get my March cruises refunded. Head office has told me that the refunds are approved but things have got to a situation that I don't believe anyone any more

15 hours ago, gerelmx said:

That's just another flash sale, as I presumed earlier in the thread. The genereal July offer is as I described above; 100$-500$pp savings, depending on stateroom category. The savings are then doubled during the flash sale lasting from today until Monday.

1 hour ago, mikkelhansen said:

That's just another flash sale, as I presumed earlier in the thread. The genereal July offer is as I described above; 100$-500$pp savings, depending on stateroom category. The savings are then doubled during the flash sale lasting from today until Monday.

Some of my cruises rise the cabin rate in the same amount of the discount, total same net price, but when the promo finish it will be  an automatic rise in prices

We have Connie  booked from Tampa ,, 10 days E Carib.   for January 2021, Sky Suite..basic location.   We booked  under SAIL NOW SAV which includes  4 perks:  $ 300 OBC, Premium Alc, Grats, Unlim Wifi...total for 2 persons is $ 4,943... with a $900 deposit.

Under today's promo, the Sky Suite is listed at $4,334 pp....not sure which perks apply but that price for 1 is what we  have for 2. 

Not a great Sale!  But of course there's no assurance it will actually sail.... may be it's a fundraiser for X (collect deposit, cancel cruise)...They are mostly pushing short cruises on Infinity and Millenium.

Has anyone done better with the latest promo..?

I've stopped checking the Connie bookings we made when they first redeployed to Tampa.  The rate we got was very good and we knew it when we booked.   Going rate like you say is about double what we paid.   But there's no way I'm ever paying $400 pp/pd for a sky suite on a M class ship even if it had been Revolutionized.  I've had a RS on Equinox for that price.

On 7/7/2020 at 12:08 AM, ECCruise said:

I am amazed that people still fall for these "promos."  Really.

I was thinking same when I read ... 'why so many sales' ... ummm what sales?  All they keep doing is spinning the picture ... lower price-no perks ... many perks-price higher.  One offer may be better suited to one person over another  but the bottom line is the true cost of what you are getting doesn't waiver much. 

I have one sailing I keep checking every 'sale' and when I get to the end I laugh every time when I compare like for like 🙂  I guess I am waiting for a 'sale' too.

• Like 1