Omg. Fred have bought the 2 flagships of Holland America! We finally get decent sized ships in the UK!

Chrisifab

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, electricron said:

Bumping this thread so that the last post is not about another cruise line. Go Fred. Olsen and its’ two new buys.

As the author of that last post, perhaps I should have made it clearer that I was comparing the other line's official handover video with the ones Fred Olsen released for their two new ships, which showed the full flag-raising and a nice little speech by the Captain.

I'm really looking forward to Fred releasing more information about the changes they will be making to the ships to bring more of the 'Olsen touch' to them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2020 at 8:47 AM, Britboys said:

Fantastic photo recently posted by Fred on one of their social media accounts 

Thanks for posting this.  That is an interesting photo.  I note that the HAL logo has been removed from the funnels and the Holland America Line name is gone from the side of the superstructure.  Good for my friends in the U.K., but sad for me to see.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Thanks for posting this.  That is an interesting photo.  I note that the HAL logo has been removed from the funnels and the Holland America Line name is gone from the side of the superstructure.  Good for my friends in the U.K., but sad for me to see.  

I understand that there is now scaffolding around the funnels, which are having the Fred Olsen logo painted.

On 11/23/2020 at 8:47 AM, Britboys said:

Fantastic photo recently posted by Fred on one of their social media accounts 

FB_IMG_1606058040066.jpg

Thanks for this picture...I knew one of the ships had additional cabins added...I never saw the design change.  I believe the Rotterdam is the one w additional cabins & the aft pool was replaced w a small shallow splash pool.

I dont like ships w/o aft pools.🏊‍♂️

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully, this link will show you a video of Borealis' funnels being painted in their new livery.  (Sorry, I am IT inept and have somehow managed to copy the same thing over twice and can't find a way to delete one of them!)

Edited by Britboys
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 7:47 AM, Britboys said:

Hopefully, this link will show you a video of Borealis' funnels being painted in their new livery.  (Sorry, I am IT inept and have somehow managed to copy the same thing over twice and can't find a way to delete one of them!)

Interesting and thanks for posting.