The Booking Number submitted does not match the applicable cancelled sailings in our records. Please verify and resubmit.

Stockjock

Looks like there's an error on MSC's self-service Cruise Assurance form for some cancelled cruises.

Here's the error I get:

The Booking Number submitted does not match the applicable cancelled sailings in our records. Please verify and resubmit.

MSC Agent confirmed I entered everything correctly and said they're working on the issue.  She suggested I check back in a few days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Looks like there's an error on MSC's self-service Cruise Assurance form for some cancelled cruises.

Here's the error I get:

MSC Agent confirmed I entered everything correctly and said they're working on the issue.  She suggested I check back in a few days.

Already saw this coming.

when I received my confirmation email from MSC, it included a sentence that seemed like it was written to be a fall back so they would have an “out”.

.  [ please note the we cannot process any forms with incorrect booking numbers ]

Booking # listed from our refund request is the correct number. 

I believe this is a tactic to give them an additional 30-60- days .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phissy said:

Already saw this coming.

when I received my confirmation email from MSC, it included a sentence that seemed like it was written to be a fall back so they would have an “out”.

.  [ please note the we cannot process any forms with incorrect booking numbers ]

Booking # listed from our refund request is the correct number. 

I believe this is a tactic to give them an additional 30-60- days .

I think I mentioned previously that I did contact American Express and dispute my deposit. I believe that MSC is actually in breach of their own contract terms. They stated that I had the right to cancel without penalty as long as it was more than 90 days out, which I did, and now after four or five attempts I haven’t made progress with them. So I have a feeling that American Express may be a bit more persuasive than I would be.

I also recorded all of the telephone conversations with them just in case there’s a problem down the road, or they tried to deny the fact that I asked for a cash refund more than 90 days out.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 2

I am on the same page with you.

submitted paperwork for our dispute with Chase  Sapphire Reserve Card today.

we are going to let Chase deal with MSC.  Interesting to see if MSC will respond to banks request in a timely manner.

• Like 1

Looks like the self-service Cruise Assurance site is working properly again.  Last night, I got a notification that my Future Cruise Credit (FCC) was ready.  It also said I could go to the Cruise Assurance site to request a cash refund.  I did that and it worked this time.

FCC seems appealing on the surface, but it's non-transferrable and non-refundable.  True, they give you back the money if unused, but what if you cancel the cruise.  In the end, made more sense to just get the cash credited back to my credit card and then I'll just pay as I go and not worry about the 25% "bonus".

• Like 1

18 hours ago, phissy said:

Interesting to see if MSC will respond to banks request in a timely manner.

My experience disputing MSC with American Express led to MSC responding within days. They held my money for another 30 days stating it would appear on the next billing cycle, but the money was immediately placed in my account. Best to you.

4 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

My experience disputing MSC with American Express led to MSC responding within days. They held my money for another 30 days stating it would appear on the next billing cycle, but the money was immediately placed in my account. Best to you.

Thank you for responding. This seems promising . Hopefully, our refund will be resolved soon. In MSC terms, 30 days is soon🙄

• Like 1

19 hours ago, phissy said:

we are going to let Chase deal with MSC.  Interesting to see if MSC will respond to banks request in a timely manner.

My experience has been the exact opposite. I've disputed about 12 charges with MSC. Two they said were valid chargebacks after about 30 days (matching what was said above).

However, three they said were valid charges. So, I had to send in the emails from MSC stating they had canceled those items and were refunding my money to prove they were real. MSC waited until last week (so about 45 days or so) to say this.

The rest of the charges there has been no response from MSC. Citi (my CC company) will be considering them closed in about a month.

On 7/22/2020 at 10:54 PM, phissy said:

MOst of us would say MSC will not respond to the CC company.  They will let it time out to maximize the time they can (illegally?) hold onto your money.  A few have had MSC respond before the 60 days is up, usually around the 6 week mark.  And yet a couple of people have reported that MSC is saying the charges are valid