Princess continuing "pause". October Australia, rest of the world December

46 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We are booked on a Princess cruise to NZ on 23rd November but I don't there is any chance this cruise will go ahead. We are not stressing - just accepting there won't be another cruise for us this year. ☹️Our final payment is due 60 days ahead of the cruise although the TA will undoubtedly ask for it early. However, there is no way we will be paying the balance, then waiting for a refund.

Princess has refunded the amount paid for our 35 night April cruise to the TA, but the TA hasn't processed this amount yet. We won't pay any more money for future cruises until we have received our refunds.

It makes you wonder what the TA is doing, holding your refund? Paying wages, paying rent, short term money market?  It's a worry, hope you get it soon.

2 hours ago, christodan said:

I'm relieved too. I was booked on the P&O Pacific Adventure Nov 19 and I can now at least take a FCC. 

This one isn't cancelled yet.  P&O have only cancelled cruises in Australia until 29th October inclusive. 

I have a cruise on the Pacific Dawn on 30 October which would have started the Melbourne season.  Unfortunately I have non-refundable cruise credits tied up in the booking so am just biding my time.  Don't believe it has any hope of going ahead.

2 minutes ago, Ondine said:

This one isn't cancelled yet.  P&O have only cancelled cruises in Australia until 29th October inclusive. 

Yes I know, but I wanted to cancel because it clashed with other events that came up. I had a non-refundable deposit and have been waiting for some kind of announcement.  I can now at least take a FCC if I have to and that final payment has been moved to 30 days prior, as I am sure there'll be more announcements before then. I am relived that I did not have to make full payment which was due early September of $6500 in order not to lose the $2000 on deposit I paid. 

• Like 1

Good on Princess for making this call upfront, earlier than anyone else.

Unfortunately RCL group, and NCL group haven't made similar announcements so are still gathering bookings and final payments in this period.

6 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Good on Princess for making this call upfront, earlier than anyone else.

Unfortunately RCL group, and NCL group haven't made similar announcements so are still gathering bookings and final payments in this period.

And will probably cancel the cruises the day after final payment.

Just heard from Princess that they had cancelled our October 23rd cruise  damn  I cancelled the day before so cannot claim the 100% back mas credit   I should not have been so early  I will just get my payment back s cash instead  so cannot complain really