Hotels in Rome

Minniepnp

On 5/12/2024 at 12:12 PM, rocker57 said:

Just booked the Trevi Collection Hotel for April 2025, that’s one thing down

What influenced you to select the Hotel Trevi Collection?  I am considering them also.  Thanks.

19 minutes ago, Noble724 said:

What influenced you to select the Hotel Trevi Collection?  I am considering them also.  Thanks.

I had a list of hotels. I had the distance between the hotels and Trevi Fountain and Colosseum. I wanted to be closer to Trevi Fountain as I heard it can be quite busy, and hoping if I get up early, I can take a walk to it. The rooms were decently priced, I wanted to keep the cost of 3 nites to around $1500 Canadian, reviews were not too bad. I really wanted the Savoy hotel, but they will be closed for renovations next year. I’m also waiting to see if Princess updates their hotels, as Savoy is one of them. The other hotels on Princess lists look okay but 2 of them are a bit further from what I want to see, and I’m not interested in staying close to the terminal station.  I booked the relax room I think it’s called, it has what looks like a huge bathroom. It is our first trip, and probably only trip to Rome, so why not.

39 minutes ago, rocker57 said:

I had a list of hotels. I had the distance between the hotels and Trevi Fountain and Colosseum. I wanted to be closer to Trevi Fountain as I heard it can be quite busy, and hoping if I get up early, I can take a walk to it. The rooms were decently priced, I wanted to keep the cost of 3 nites to around $1500 Canadian, reviews were not too bad. I really wanted the Savoy hotel, but they will be closed for renovations next year. I’m also waiting to see if Princess updates their hotels, as Savoy is one of them. The other hotels on Princess lists look okay but 2 of them are a bit further from what I want to see, and I’m not interested in staying close to the terminal station.  I booked the relax room I think it’s called, it has what looks like a huge bathroom. It is our first trip, and probably only trip to Rome, so why not.

Thank you!  I have looked at the reviews on TripAdvisor, Frommers and Fodor.  I used Google Maps to map the walk to the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps and the area seems so so.  I am concerned because some of the reviews mentioned a separate building down an alley, we want the main building.  We are traveling in Nov 2025, so have some time to change hotels.  I just prefer to reserve a room and move on.

Again, I thank you for your thorough response.  I hope someone on Cruise Critic will provide some first hand knowledge/experience. Have a great evening. 

Just now, Noble724 said:

Thank you!  I have looked at the reviews on TripAdvisor, Frommers and Fodor.  I used Google Maps to map the walk to the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps and the area seems so so.  I am concerned because some of the reviews mentioned a separate building down an alley, we want the main building.  We are traveling in Nov 2025, so have some time to change hotels.  I just prefer to reserve a room and move on.

Again, I thank you for your thorough response.  I hope someone on Cruise Critic will provide some first hand knowledge/experience. Have a great evening. 

To clarify, I used Google Maps Street view so I could see the buildings and surrounding area.

2 hours ago, Noble724 said:

To clarify, I used Google Maps Street view so I could see the buildings and surrounding area.

2 hours ago, Noble724 said:

I didn’t see anything on the website itself that mentioned another site. I guess you can always email the hotel. We will be going next April, and if we stay with the hotel, I’ll try to remember to update

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2024 at 8:16 AM, firefly333 said:

I'm curious about A/C myself. I've read a few posts hotels in may dont have it turned on. City of rome doesnt allow it turned on until June. Anyone been there in may? 

I'd like to confirm not only they have A/C but its turned on in may. I think that's one of the hotels I have on my list. 

You probably received your answer, but i was away and just saw this post now.

No A/C in May in hotels in Italy. Luckily I ALWAYS have my small travel fan.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

You probably received your answer, but i was away and just saw this post now.

No A/C in May in hotels in Italy. Luckily I ALWAYS have my small travel fan.

No it wasnt answered so thanks. I googled the weather last week of may and it says upper 70s to even low 80s and high humidity. So it's not as hot as florida just warm probably. 

Someone posted they asked the they were told when it's hot we turn on ac, acted like he didnt understand the question was the only other reply. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

No it wasnt answered so thanks. I googled the weather last week of may and it says upper 70s to even low 80s and high humidity. So it's not as hot as florida just warm probably. 

Someone posted they asked the they were told when it's hot we turn on ac, acted like he didnt understand the question was the only other reply. 

A couple of years ago we did a TA to Rome and spent 8 nights in Lucca. It got warm in the day but at night we kept the window open in the room since it was cool. We asked about the A/C and they said it’s not turned on in May. We the spent 4 nights in Rome and no A/C there either.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I recently stayed at Hotel Smeraldo at the end of June. We booked a Small Double Room and requested a room looking into a courtyard. We had a small room which was lovely and comfortable with good A/C and looking into a courtyard. There was a step up into the small but modern bathroom. The staff at the hotel were very helpful and friendly and the included breakfast was great. The hotel is in a great location being walking distance to many sites and with many restaurants close by.

IMG_20240729_080049.thumb.jpg.bf990d27893503db95f2f865b209f79a.jpg

IMG_20240729_080111.thumb.jpg.2a9573e39d934dea7f1488f18f0d1228.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2024 at 6:08 PM, PurpleTraveller said:

I recently stayed at Hotel Smeraldo at the end of June.

Thank you for sharing photos of your recent stay at the Smeraldo in our Rome Hotels topic. It's helpful to see exactly what you experienced as it related to what you requested, which it seems was spot on! Reminds me of a room I had in Lugano that was also tight but well located, good view, and enough room for sleeping etc. (what I needed).

I know there are sometimes issues with uploading photos to the posts and probably not everyone might take photos of the room, but would love to see more images of the "here's what we got" situation. As I write I'm immediately thinking "yeah but I didn't make the bed" and I get that. 🤣

So if anyone has them, would love to see them. If not, no worries. This topic is amazing thanks to everyone who generously sharing their experiences and time, come sempre. Grazie tutti.

• Like 2

You get a nice view of Rome from the Cavalieri.

It's currently a Waldorf Astoria, but when I stayed there in 2004, it was a Hilton, and had the best club room ever. This was the view on a hot smoggy, summer day.

00121_000007434_rome_view_from_the_balcony_at_the_hilton_cavalieri_4.thumb.jpg.17e5d8c6d262d3ae9ce410b8a666225c.jpg

And then later I found this photo my uncle had taken from there in 1965.

00020_000047887_view_of_rome_from_the_hilton_cavalieri_4.jpg.200ee790dab26d2dad339170cb932750.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Host Bonjour said:

Thank you for sharing photos of your recent stay at the Smeraldo in our Rome Hotels topic. It's helpful to see exactly what you experienced as it related to what you requested, which it seems was spot on! Reminds me of a room I had in Lugano that was also tight but well located, good view, and enough room for sleeping etc. (what I needed).

I know there are sometimes issues with uploading photos to the posts and probably not everyone might take photos of the room, but would love to see more images of the "here's what we got" situation. As I write I'm immediately thinking "yeah but I didn't make the bed" and I get that. 🤣

So if anyone has them, would love to see them. If not, no worries. This topic is amazing thanks to everyone who generously sharing their experiences and time, come sempre. Grazie tutti.

Yes, the room was just as we had requested and while small was comfortable and suited our needs. I always take photos of our hotel rooms as soon as we arrive while DH waits in the hall with our luggage. That way I get photos of the room looking its best. 😊

• Like 1