Retreat on the Constellation

Smithster

We have usually sailed in Aqua Class on Solstice ships  in Accessible but accessible is not offered on the Connie in Aqua.  Therefor we will be sailing in a Sky Suite Accessible.  My question is about the Retreat.  We have never been in the Retreat class.  Of course the price is very high, but my husband really requires a accessible so we are going for it as it is an 11 day cruise.   I would like to hear from those that have been in Retreat, preferable on the Connie but not limited to.  Please tell me what you loved, hated if anything.  I understand it is open 24hrs, does that include food and cocktails.  Did you find you spent most of your time on board there to warrant the extra expense. We have always loved the Martini Bar on the Solstice.  Let me hear your thoughts

49 minutes ago, Smithster said:

We have usually sailed in Aqua Class on Solstice ships  in Accessible but accessible is not offered on the Connie in Aqua.  Therefor we will be sailing in a Sky Suite Accessible.  My question is about the Retreat.  We have never been in the Retreat class.  Of course the price is very high, but my husband really requires a accessible so we are going for it as it is an 11 day cruise.   I would like to hear from those that have been in Retreat, preferable on the Connie but not limited to.  Please tell me what you loved, hated if anything.  I understand it is open 24hrs, does that include food and cocktails.  Did you find you spent most of your time on board there to warrant the extra expense. We have always loved the Martini Bar on the Solstice.  Let me hear your thoughts

Connie was not upgrade so you would not have a retreat. You'll still have Michael's Club and of course Luminae.

Why not book a CC or Veranda accessible for less and use the difference for specialty restaurants?  

We normally sail in AQ but couldn’t justify $100/day pp over a veranda.    We’d found the service and food very good using select dining with a table for 2.  Had breakfast everyday in the MDR and found the menu better, great service and the same juices and pastries.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

As @begoodtome said the update for the ships is on hold, it is unknown when the Connie will be updated.  Michaels Club (now considered the Retreat Lounge) is a space exclusively for Suite guests.  It is open & staffed  from morning U til about midnight. Mornings you can get a light continental breakfast, snacks during tge afternoon and canapés early evening.  Drinks are included in the Lounge.  There is no Retreat Sundeck until the update.  Luminae is the dining room  for Suite guests.  

We haven't had an accessible sky suite on the Connie but we have on the Equinox.   The Equinox has The Retreat and the Retreat sun deck was not accessible.     

Since you'll have access to Michael's Club you will have priority to disembark on the last day.  My husband has a wheelchair and our butler comes and gets him on the last day and takes us (pushes him) to the Retreat/Michael's Club, which is quite handy.

We don't really use the Retreat/Michael's Club that much.   We like Lumanae a lot but Blu is great, too.  

We love the sky suites but only get one if the price is right.   Otherwise,  it's Aqua.

I'm sure you know this but accessible rooms go fast so book very early.

And we love the Martini Bar, too.