Famous cruise travellers

Triggertravel

On 8/2/2020 at 10:47 PM, majortom10 said:

Most of those mentioned above were more than likely actually working on the cruise so not really answering what Triggertravel was asking at the beginning of this thread.

I've enjoyed the thread despite that.  Any form of light entertainment is welcome in my world right now!

• Like 2

I do agree with Mrs Goggins that even though some of the answers do not directly relate to the original question this thread has provided some welcome light relief.

On that basis I will also reply "off topic" to the post from so,ton saint regarding his experience as a waiter on the Queen Mary.

He referred to Elizabeth Taylor which brought back many memories to us. We are avid collectors of autographs of stars but only when we have seen them in shows and get the autograph in person.

During a lifetime of theatre going we have met many actors and obtained dozens of signed pictures including Sir John Mills, Debbie Reynolds, Elaine Stritch and Diana Dors, all very big stars, but sadly no longer with us.

We had the great pleasure of seeing Elizabeth Taylor in "The Little Foxes" at the Victoria Palace Theatre in London in 1982 and had high hopes of getting her autograph. Sadly it was not too be as her Rolls drove right up to the stage door with several security people forming a wall between fans and her. So we never did get her autograph but we did get a smile and it was still really something seeing her on stage.

• Like 2