Any restrictions to repricing up until final payment if a nextcruise cert was used as deposit?

Are there any fees/penalties/restrictions associated with repricing a cruise? I will be using a nextcruise cert for a deposit, but expect the price of this cruise to drop before final payment. Could I reprice more than once? 

tia

I have already price matched twice tor cruise in February. As many times as you want up until final payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

Depends.  If final payment is 120 days out you can rebook.  But since it is technically a rebooking, you may lose any special perks that you may have gotten with the original booking.

If you are looking at a 2020 cruise with 60 day final pay, it gets cloudy wrt cancellation, so there could be a penalty.

In the past, there has also been a one-time price adjustment/upgrade possible after final pay.  25% obc or an upgrade, No cash back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Are there any fees/penalties/restrictions associated with repricing a cruise? I will be using a nextcruise cert for a deposit, but expect the price of this cruise to drop before final payment. Could I reprice more than once? 

tia

NCL will easily reprice your existing reservation to the current prices prior to when your final payment is due.  Because there is nothing to stop you from cancelling and rebooking to get the better price anyway.  So they will do it for you.  It’s sort of a rebook, but you keep the same reservation number and cabin.  BUT, be certain you are aware of any difference in the perks between the original booking and current offers.  They may not be the same.  They will often lower the price when they remove an included perk.  But as long as you keep the same perks or the change in fare makes losing a perk acceptable to you... reprice away.  

i repriced last week not to get a lower fare, but to get the $100 OBC they are currently offering as a perk.  Took 5 minutes on the phone to get it for 2 Cruises I booked a couple weeks ago using NextCruise Certs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

tia

I know that, at 1 point, there was a rule that PCCs would only update/reprice a cruise once, however, things have changed and now, you just need to call and it will be taken care of with little to no issues. 

As others have stated, it's been done a few times now.  I have 2 cruises which I'll likely be doing this procedure with in order to get a better deal.

Enjoy your cruise 😉

• Like 1