Replacement cruises

CliveS

Has anyone been contacted about replacement cruises/refunds for bookings on any of the ships which have been sold? We were booked on Veendam in Feb 2021 but have had no contact. Concerned that alternatives are drying up whist we are waiting. Our agent has heard nothing from HAL. This was to have been our first HAL cruise but not impressed by this customer service so may have to go back elsewhere. Shame.

We have cruised other cruise lines and HAL is by far our favorite for many reasons.  Hope you will give them a chance. We received emails the day notice of the sold ships was made public regarding the two cruises affected.  One had been paid in full and was told we would get 125% FCC.  The other had a deposit down and we were told that we would receive 200% of the deposit back on FCC. Still waiting on the amounts to show but there is an overwhelming amount of logistics that need to be done with the sale of the 4 ships.  I am hoping to see the credits by October?? 

• Like 1

MyFCCs showed up within 72 hours of deciding to convert the deposits to FCCs.  I've since used them, same day as they showed up, as down payments on another cruise,  This all done using a TA.  I don't know that anyone will contact you, OP, regarding replacement cruises.  Have you looked at your HAL account to see what's been done with your deposits/payments?

Edited by 0bnxshs

2 hours ago, CliveS said:

Has anyone been contacted about replacement cruises/refunds for bookings on any of the ships which have been sold? We were booked on Veendam in Feb 2021 but have had no contact. Concerned that alternatives are drying up whist we are waiting. Our agent has heard nothing from HAL. This was to have been our first HAL cruise but not impressed by this customer service so may have to go back elsewhere. Shame.

Did you book through a travel agent or directly with HAL in Southampton?

If a travel agent then get them to call HAL.

• Like 2

We got a "form" email notifying us that the ships had been sold and that therefore our cruise was no more.  I imagine your travel agent may have received something similar, and they may have just disregarded it.  We have also been credited with the Future Cruise Deposits we used to book the cruise.  You should be able to check your Mariner Account to see if your deposit has been re-credited.

My letter for the replacement cruise for the Ryndam/Rotterdam said "Your cruise fare and promotions have been protected and you will be in the same (or equivalent) stateroom category." Is there a list of cabins considered equivalent to an aft VS? I did request "no upgrade" for the cruise. Thanks.

• Like 2

We had booked the Nieuw Statendam for April 11, 2021 after hearing the Veendam was sold (had it booked for Feb. 2021). I talked with our PCC last week to have the long awaited FCC received for our cancelled April 2020 Veendam cruise applied to the NS booking. I asked her about the Feb. 2021 Veendam cancellation because it was still on my account. She said it would be there for awhile and just ignore it as it would eventually go away. She emailed me the cancellation form to use to get $$ from that cancellation and she would apply it to the NS booking when I receive notification. The PCC said I should hear something in 2 weeks, but I heard that when the April 2020 cruise was cancelled and it took 5 months to receive the FCC.

We had a booking on Maasdam sailing October 2020, on July 15th we had an email advising that an alternative cruise would be offered within 30 days. On 11th August we received the alternative booking on Oosterdam, for October 2021 at the original price, original benefits had been carried forward and an additional $250 pp OBC had been applied.