New Brochure with new information

Jim and Monika

Just received a new mailing from Oceania. I have to be honest, they send so many that we don't always open them. Since it's been a while, we opened it. Inside was 2 pages dedicated to new protocols with regards to health and safety of staff and passengers. There was no mention of required masks. I'm thinking they are getting closer to sailing again.

51 minutes ago, Jim and Monika said:

Just received a new mailing from Oceania. I have to be honest, they send so many that we don't always open them. Since it's been a while, we opened it. Inside was 2 pages dedicated to new protocols with regards to health and safety of staff and passengers. There was no mention of required masks. I'm thinking they are getting closer to sailing again.

Those "protocols" are superficial fluff PR that NCLH put out for its three cruise lines some time ago. They are not procedures approved by the CDC that will allow ships to cruise from the US. The real protocols are still under development and haven't even been submitted to the CDC yet. NCLH and Royal Caribbean have joined forces in an attempt to develop protocols acceptable to the CDC as well as health officials in other countries. 

As LHT28 said, that brochure had to go into production some time ago for you to be getting it now.

With US cruising already suspended by all CLIA member cruise lines through October 31 don't be surprised if there's no cruising here until sometime in 2021.

• Like 1

I believe from the Webinar, the Joint Task Force was to submit its final report to the two cruise lines by August 15th. Oceania then said they would submit their plan to the CDC early September.

With this prior released information, we currently have little clue as to what will be in that application still in formulation. Most importantly, we don’t know how long the CDC will take to ponder ( review) the application. Months?

I don’t believe that any of the major cruise lines early sailings will be from US ports. MSC just set sail , with 70% capacity, of one of their mega ships from Italian waters. We’ll see how that goes.