Princess pause extended

30 minutes ago, Esilef said:

Our Christmas cruise is December 20, so 8 days after the pause date. Final payment is due mid September. Dad is also booked on the magestic to Hong Kong in March 2021.

He’s hopefully that he can get the double credits to be able to book a cruise in September 2021. Can he use princess credits in Cunard? He likes that level of posh but my view is princess posh is also nice.

we got the river cruise moved with apt from March 2021 until December 20 2021. Booked their airfares as well. We suspect that airfares to Europe may go well up in price.

suprised that the Christmas markets of Europe has been filling quickly for December 2021.

we are hoping that the international boarders open up in July 2021. Hopefully 

I doubt the December 2020 cruise will happen. However if it's a Princess cruise check your personaliser, you should find the final payment date has changed to 60 days prior. I'm not sure about other cruise lines though.

I doubt the Majestic cruise will happen either. 

No, he can't use Princess credits, either loyalty status or FCCs on Cunard.

As to the borders, it's too early to tell but while the virus is still in communities here and overseas, or until a vaccine is available, they will probably remain closed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's not uncommon on weekends, sometimes they do system maintenance then. Keep trying every few hours.

Got and and it’s showing as the cruise is still departing as planned. Payment we need to contact the travel agent.

hoping to go over sea to Phillip island for Christmas instead as long as they keep the Phillip island bridge open to mainland Australia.......

no chance of a posh cruise running on the spirit of Tasmania.......

9 minutes ago, Esilef said:

Got and and it’s showing as the cruise is still departing as planned. Payment we need to contact the travel agent.

hoping to go over sea to Phillip island for Christmas instead as long as they keep the Phillip island bridge open to mainland Australia.......

no chance of a posh cruise running on the spirit of Tasmania.......

Just in case your TA insists on the original payment date this is clipped from the Princess Cruise with Confidence page:

"Final Payment is due 60 days before departure, not our usual 90 days^."

Phillip Island is a nice place for Christmas, apart from the flies on the beach.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

Are princess cruise credits transferable to others in your family?

Full refund of deposit up until final payment on standard deposit bookings.  So if my father chooses to he could get a full refund of the deposit paid. 

Edited by Esilef

21 minutes ago, Esilef said:

Are princess cruise credits transferable to others in your family?

Full refund of deposit up until final payment on standard deposit bookings.  So if my father chooses to he could get a full refund of the deposit paid. 

Unfortunately, No.

On 8/27/2020 at 2:41 PM, Roger88 said:

The demand is super high. One year of waiting is not that long for those who got used to spend their vacation cruising. I guess there will be certain limitations, but I dont think there will be any major changes in the way the cruise lines work. All I can predict is that cruising will be back on track with new strength and somehow prepared in case something similar happens again 

Demand is not super high in Australia.  Cruisers here are waiting for Government decisions re future cruising in Australia, as well as when Australians will be permitted to leave the country and visitors from overseas can visit Australia.  

In the meantime, cruisers are rolling their current bookings, which are being cancelled, over.