Looking for a passenger we used to see onboard QM2 who we haven't seen in a long time. If i describe him you will know him.

ace2542

We first boarded QM2 back in 2015. We met a passenger a large heavy set american man from New York City who travelled by himself. He had been on the ship a few times he knew all the staff really well. He would always sit at the bar in Sir Samuels and drink coffee. He was a fan of the english soccer team Fulham FC. We went back on the QM2 in 2016 for the big bands crossing and he was onboard again. He recognised us and we were talking to him but I can't remember his name. He was taken off the ship ill at Halifax during that crossing and has according to the staff who work in sir samuels and who knew him  never been back on board since to their knowledge. I just wondering if you knew the person I am talking about and what happened him.

I can tell you that he was on a 21-night QM2 round trip from New York in July of 2019. He had a table to himself near ours on the second level of the Britannia dining room (8:30 PM seating), and we'd sometimes see him---also at his own table---at the Chart Room before dinner. He seemed perfectly happy and self-contained, and I got the impression he was a QM2 regular (all the waiters and bar staff seemed to know him well). I expect you'll see him again once crossings resume.

1 hour ago, jimdee3636 said:

I can tell you that he was on a 21-night QM2 round trip from New York in July of 2019. He had a table to himself near ours on the second level of the Britannia dining room (8:30 PM seating), and we'd sometimes see him---also at his own table---at the Chart Room before dinner. He seemed perfectly happy and self-contained, and I got the impression he was a QM2 regular (all the waiters and bar staff seemed to know him well). I expect you'll see him again once crossings resume.

That is strange because I asked the bartender lady the black haired lady who always works in samuels and the chart room and she said he had never been back onboard to her knowledge since getting taken off in 2016. And we travelled in September 2019 done Southampton to Quebec via nyc. Did he say he was Fulham soccer fan? I think you have a different guy in mind but I think I know the one you mean. There is another guy always hangs out in the golden lion he is not the one I mean.

5 hours ago, jimdee3636 said:

You're not referring to Captain Pugwash (Jim) by any chance? 

13 hours ago, rolfecms said:

Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.  We did have the privilege of meeting him many years ago in the Commodore Club.  Quite a knowledgeable character as I recall .

13 hours ago, rolfecms said:

Is he from New York City? And he only hangs out in Samuels even at night talking to the bartender who works their  the lady with the black hair the middle aged lady you know the one I mean I think she is German or Dutch?. The guy I am on about DOES NOT hang out all day in the golden lion doing the quiz though there is a very similar guy in description who does.

6 minutes ago, babs135 said:

Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.  We did have the privilege of meeting him many years ago in the Commodore Club.  Quite a knowledgeable character as I recall .

You know what I think his name was Jim I just can't remember the name of the guy I am on about. Was he a Fulham fan this guy? Because the guy meet from New York City and when we got talking to him I was telling him about the Fulham supporters club and the football bars in nyc. I used to live over there. And I was telling him where the Fulham fans went to watch their games by the empire state building.

I think this is the person who was taken off the ship. I have the dates wrong it was May 2015 my crossing must have begun to blend together. This is probably the person no name given but his age is right and the health issues are there as well.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3076112/Queen-Mary-2-passenger-evacuated-Coast-Guard-helicopter-suffering-heart-failure-board.html