HAL ships sold and out of the fleet. HOW many senior crew, as well? :-(

sail7seas

I sincerely hope I am very wrong but with   (at least two) HAL ships gone tonew start yup companies, I fear we may also lose some of our favoite senior crew.   Makes some sense the new owners sould love to steal some experienced, Capaisn, HDs,  dining room managers etc ,,,,,, does it not?

Groan,   So  many crew members I hope will be back on haL ships when the   plague disappears  and cruise ships kae us back board.    

3 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

I am not convinced staff and crew aren’t looking for jobs in another industry.  The crew particularly after some faced months waiting to get off and now months and months with no job.  

Agreed.  The industry is definitely going to be consolidating. People will be let go but it will open opportunities for the cream of the crop.   As in many industries those able are retiring rather than dealing with the new regimen opening more doors for the best 

• Like 1

The reality is that there are Deck and Engineering Officers, seamen of all grades, hotel Officers and hotel staff in all categories that are "on the beach" with the retirement of these 4 ships.  Retirements of some may help to ease the situation when HAL resumes cruising.  

I think of all of those employed with whom I have met in the United States by the Port Agents for HAL.  Never--and I repeat--never, did I encounter any who were not helpful and friendly.  That comment applies to others in other countries as well.  While some of these good folks, such as, I suspect, those in Florida, see these positions as "part time" jobs, their efforts do not go unnoticed.  They are just as much of the "cruise experience" as one's Cabin Steward.  

Covid-19 is so cruel.  So cruel on so many levels.  I find it hard to comprehend.    

• Like 3