Have a question regarding a 5 day NCL cruise

Sam The Cat

I was booked a 7 day cruise in October, 2020 but cancelled after NCL started to cancel their 2020 cruises.   I received all of my money back which I guess it was a good thing instead of NCL holding on to some.

I rebooked my cruise for a 5 day cruise for December, 2021 cruise and booked a suite,

My question is, I only received one free dinner from NCL which I guess that is what you get.   But I am a Plat member which is suppose to get 3 free feels from them.  I received my printout

and these dinners where not listed.  Do I get any dinners for free that just the one from NCL.   I contacted by NCL person who I have dealt with for over 10  years and what she told me is that i would have to deal this this when i get on board..  In the past these free dinners were listed on the paperwork that she sent me and received them when I boarded.   Maybe I am not entitled to 3 but I thought maybe at least one.  I do not mind spending the money but a free dinner for 2 at Cagney's is not a bad deal.

I was just wondering and no I am not going to change my mind if  I do not get them but may change some things that I had planned since they also cost money

Thank You

Sam

You will receive two certificates in your stateroom on embarkation day. One for a dinner for two at Cagney's/Le Bistro with wine. One for dinner for two at Monderno/La Cuccina. You will not see that on your reservation. 

The Platinum dinners have never been listed on your on-line reservation. 

Edited by BirdTravels

Bird Travels

Thank you very much for the information.    These certifications will be great since I am buying a dinner package which includes dinner at La Bistro, a bottle of wine, breakfast in bed, a visit to the spa and roses.     I am getting this for my wife for her birthday while we are on the cruise, and with t he Platinum dinner we can eat at Cagney's.   Our 2 favorite restaurants not that we ever had a bad meal.

Sam

• Like 1

farmersfight

Thank You for your input but I am sorry to say that I will not behaving myself.   The cruise I was on I met someone who I also knew and we were up every night talking about him till 9-10pm ( will admit that I was there longer till the bartender cleaned up the bar and closed down around 2am.   He had to be at another bar at 11am to tend that bar for 3-4 hours till 6pm when he opened the other bar.  Every morning I was there at the pool bar waiting for him to show up and see if he was on time,   That is all I am going to stay 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sam The Cat said:

farmersfight

Thank You for your input but I am sorry to say that I will not behaving myself.   The cruise I was on I met someone who I also knew and we were up every night talking about him till 9-10pm ( will admit that I was there longer till the bartender cleaned up the bar and closed down around 2am.   He had to be at another bar at 11am to tend that bar for 3-4 hours till 6pm when he opened the other bar.  Every morning I was there at the pool bar waiting for him to show up and see if he was on time,   That is all I am going to stay 

Thanks for sharing but absolutely no need to (none of my business). I was merely playing off of your typo "But I am a Plat member which is supposed to get 3 free feels from them". I know you meant to type "3 free meals" but when I saw "feels", I couldn't resist the urge to poke a little fun your way.

3 hours ago, Sam The Cat said:

farmersfight

As a platinum member you'll receive 2 free Meals.... (maybe feels as well) for your Latitudes rewards.  I love to take a fellow cruiser (I'm a solo cruiser) to dinner at Cagneys and the 2nd to Modernos or La cucina. 

Staying up late is so much fun when you can find a great venue with the entertainment that you like/love.  

I hope you find your cruise a lot of fun. 

BTW, I've only done 1 5-day cruise and found it way too short... gimme more was on my mind as I was disembarking... 😒

• Like 1

farmersfight    I know what you mean about being to short my first cruise was  4 day cruise in 1986 when I purchased a new GMC car and either the dealer or GM gave me the cruise,   It was my first time and only time on the "Big Red Boat"    Now that it appears you know everything no I am not inquiring about free  or feel but since I have  suite do  I get  breakfast and  lunch in one of the restaurants, usually it was Cagney's or Modernos.    I have not been on a cruise in 2 years  and we all know things has changed with the new leadership and maybe not for the better,   I am planning on having a good time even though 14 months away I stay up to 2-4am, no not drinking but at home I am on my lap top doing work even though retired it kept me out of trouble   

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sam The Cat said:

farmersfight    I know what you mean about being to short my first cruise was  4 day cruise in 1986 when I purchased a new GMC car and either the dealer or GM gave me the cruise,   It was my first time and only time on the "Big Red Boat"    Now that it appears you know everything no I am not inquiring about free  or feel but since I have  suite do  I get  breakfast and  lunch in one of the restaurants, usually it was Cagney's or Modernos.    I have not been on a cruise in 2 years  and we all know things has changed with the new leadership and maybe not for the better,   I am planning on having a good time even though 14 months away I stay up to 2-4am, no not drinking but at home I am on my lap top doing work even though retired it kept me out of trouble   

Hi Sam The Cat. Regarding the short cruise comment, I believe you are responding to All-ready2cruise, so I will defer to my Canadian friend on that comment.

I'm also retired and stay at home up to 2-4 am working on my lap top (o.k., I admit, I don't have a laptop...my computer is "old school" with a huge CPU and separate keyboard and monitor. My keyboard is wireless though). However, while I do this, I am drinking (responsibly with an adult beverage of choice or two) but I have still managed to stay out of trouble.

Anyway, I hope you have a great time on your short 5 day cruise in Dec 2021. A short 5 day cruise is way better than no cruise at all, especially in a suite.

Edited by farmersfight

10 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

As a platinum member you'll receive 2 free Meals.... (maybe feels as well) for your Latitudes rewards.

Austin Powers GIFs | Tenor

10 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

BTW, I've only done 1 5-day cruise and found it way too short... gimme more was on my mind as I was disembarking... 😒

I totally agree. However, when I introduced my 2 sons to cruising, we did a "short" 5 day cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy out of Galveston to Playa del Carmen & Cozumel, Mexico. Did this 5 dayer because I didn't want the cruise to be too long, in case my sons got bored. Worked out great as it was the perfect length of time.

As for me now personally, 5 days for a cruise is way too short. Now that I am retired (and will cruise solo), I have all the time in the world for cruises. I now have a self-imposed 12 day minimum for any future cruise that I will book. Heck, I'm even considering a B2B 14 day (so, 28 day) cruise on the Norwegian Jewel - Hawaii to/from the French Polynesian Islands (incl. Tahiti). Can you imagine practically a whole month on a cruise ship? Throw me in that briar patch...

Edited by farmersfight
  • Like 1