Virtual treasure hunt.

Lanky Lad

8 minutes ago, Lanky Lad said:

It's QM2 but I don't know which deck

Correct @Lanky Lad.  Pre-refit carpeting in the portside corridor on deck 11.  The photo was taken early in the morning before anyone else was stirring.  I asked the wife to go all the way to the aft end at the doorway out to the Grills deck, and I took the photo at the bow end by the scenic lifts and the door to the observation area.

Hi @Ray66.  Crew muster drill in the Royal Arcade.  Tough to tell whether QV or QE.  Both have the overlapping floor squares, and you can't see the stairway clock in the photo, which is distinctive to each ship.  The lighter wood shading suggests QE, so I'll toss my lucky coin and say QE.

15 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

It's QV.  The little diamond pattern at the lower edge of the wood is the giveaway.

QE has a zig-zag, or triangular pattern.

Thanks @Colin_Cameron.  I didn't know that.  Good info and an addition to the QV/QE differences I try to notice whenever aboard.

12 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Yes, that's enough to identify this photo as showing the view from the aft of QM2 toward the port side.

11 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

That would be deck six of QM2 (from deck 7)

Correct on both responses!  That's a sunrise taken on a westbound transatlantic.  I love sunrises at sea - it is my favourite time of day when most of the ship is still asleep.  I get a coffee and watch the sun come up out of the horizon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lanky Lad said:

Assuming that is sunset not sunrise, that is the aft of Deck 8 on QM2 looking over Deck 7 and sailing east.

Almost.  It is a sunrise on a westbound.  And as @Colin_Cameronand @bluemarblejointly guessed, it is from deck 7 looking down on the stern port rail of deck 6.  I was strolling around deck 7 with a coffee to watch the sunrise.  An earlier photo taken further forward before I got to the stern showed the time as 6a.  Seas were a flat calm, with QM2's bow wave being the highest swell. 

image.thumb.png.38fb3291c4915593e78da1d23eb25419.png

1 hour ago, Ray66 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.ea342eeb723250fa525275752dab04e0.jpeg

That's the North America panel along the grand corridor on deck 2 of QM2 not far from the Golden Lion pub. Homer Simpson should be in this image just beneath the satellite dish to the left of the Statue of Liberty, but I think he's a bit too small (and worn down) to make him out clearly in this shot.

• Like 1

This one is probably too easy, but I really loved the sign.  It was hung on a stateroom door a little ways down the corridor from the cabin the wife and I had, and we passed it each day on the way to the staircase.  It is applicable to only one Cunard ship.

image.thumb.png.e07c3a815fe760d18cb3170756eadc7c.png

18 hours ago, sfred said:

This one is probably too easy, but I really loved the sign.  It was hung on a stateroom door a little ways down the corridor from the cabin the wife and I had, and we passed it each day on the way to the staircase.  It is applicable to only one Cunard ship.

On the QM2?