cabins on Sky Princess

lancing2

We are going on the Sky Princess for the first time. We are booked in to M202 and we have been assured that even though we have swimming pools on the deck above we have cabins above and below us. I have to have quiet to sleep as we get up early and go to bed early. Does anyone have any information about these cabins.

Laurie

2 hours ago, lancing2 said:

We are going on the Sky Princess for the first time. We are booked in to M202 and we have been assured that even though we have swimming pools on the deck above we have cabins above and below us. I have to have quiet to sleep as we get up early and go to bed early. Does anyone have any information about these cabins.

Laurie

I have no direct knowledge of this ship, but if there are cabins directly above your cabin with no open deck space for people to walk and for deck chairs to be dragged across the deck,  it's probably OK for a lack of noise.

When I book, I want to have cabins on each side of me, on the deck above and below me, and, if possible, an inside cabin or two across the corridor from me.  

I am curious as to who gave you that "assurance".  

Definitely have cabins above and below.  You are well forward of the pool above on Lido deck.  When curious about cabin placement, go to cruisedeckplans.com.  Choose your cruise line, then ship, and then go to the upper left and click on Drag Decks.  You can line up the decks, even drag one over the other so you can get an idea of your location.  EM

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I have no direct knowledge of this ship, but if there are cabins directly above your cabin with no open deck space for people to walk and for deck chairs to be dragged across the deck,  it's probably OK for a lack of noise.

When I book, I want to have cabins on each side of me, on the deck above and below me, and, if possible, an inside cabin or two across the corridor from me.  

Hi we were booked on this cruise when it was the Grand Princess in an inside cabin. It depends on where we are cruising to whether we have an inside or balcony. As we are only on the ship for 2 of the days and going across seas that can be rough we decided on an inside. When we received our new cabin details we had an obstructed balcony cabin on deck 8. I can't believe Princess thought this is an upgrade especially as we were given $15 each to compensate us for another cancelled cruise.

Our travel agent cruise critic doesn't think there will be a problem but you have us worried because there isn't an inside cabin next to us and the deluxe balcony is cheaper than a balcony.

8 hours ago, lancing2 said:

but you have us worried because there isn't an inside cabin next to us

No intention in my post to make you worried if there are no other inside cabins next to yours.  Being an inside cabin, I can't imagine that there would be anything on either side of your cabin that ought to be a noise producer.  I apologize for my post causing you concern.

What is really important is what is below and above you.  If there are no public rooms or open deck areas where people can walk, you are good.  Study the ship's deck plans and you can see for yourself what will be directly above your cabin.

11 hours ago, lancing2 said:

we are in a balcony deluxe which is cheaper than a basic balcony and we do no know why. There is not an inside cabin across from us. Why would deluxe balcony be cheaper?

An excellent question and one that I can't answer.  May I suggest you post your question on the Princess Message Board?  There probably will be some who have sailed on Sky Princess and may be able to provide some clarity to your situation.  

On 9/29/2020 at 1:20 PM, rkacruiser said:

Agree...however I love when there are no inside cabins across from me...Nothing more disturbing than that person slamming their cabin door.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ashland said:

Agree...however I love when there are no inside cabins across from me...Nothing more disturbing than that person slamming their cabin door.

I booked a stateroom on one of the HAL R Class ships that was directly across from the Steward's Pantry where the ice machine was and finished room service trays were "stored" until they were picked up.  That proved to be a more "active" location than I expected, particularly if the Stewards did not keep the door locked when they were not on duty.  Guest traffic into/out of the Pantry to obtain ice was the issue.