Throw Back Thursday - NCL Bliss vs Celebrity Edge

Chesneygirl

8 hours ago, Chesneygirl said:

I sure do miss being on the top deck of a cruise ship! 

Speaking of top deck, man, that go cart track on the Bliss sure eats up a lot of top deck space.

For me personally, a novelty I might do once or twice but otherwise a big waste of deck space (instead of another pool aft, bigger main pool with more surrounding deck space, etc).

Another great video Chesneygirl, thanks for posting.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, farmersfight said:

Speaking of top deck, man, that go cart track on the Bliss sure eats up a lot of top deck space.

For me personally, a novelty I might do once or twice but otherwise a big waste of deck space (instead of another pool aft, bigger main pool with more surrounding deck space, etc).

Another great video Chesneygirl, thanks for posting.

Thank you! 

I agree with you about some of the features being a waste of space. But I'm sure its a big cash generator for NCL.

Like you I would much prefer having an adults only pool area at the back of the ship. We were on a Princess cruise years ago and they had an adult only pool with a bar at the very back of the ship. It was PERFECT and the view was gorgeous! 

Thanks for watching and leaving your comments.

I always enjoy reading them! :classic_smile:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chesneygirl said:

I'm sure its a big cash generator for NCL.

Like you I would much prefer having an adults only pool area at the back of the ship. We were on a Princess cruise years ago and they had an adult only pool with a bar at the very back of the ship. It was PERFECT and the view was gorgeous! 

I agree, good point. Guess it's just part of NCL's (FDR's?) movement away from free stuff for their customers (i.e. Spice H2O) and putting in more extra charge features (go-kart tracks, laser tags, Vibe Beach Club, etc) to generate that extra $$.

I think NCL's Spice H2O was their version of an adults only section before Vibe. I'm not sure if every Spice H2O had/has a pool though. We also went on a Princess cruise to Alaska a few years back (on the now infamous Diamond Princess) but didn't use the pool (and I think it even had a retractable roof over it) because I dipped my toes in the water to feel the temp and "nope", too cold. Brrrrrr (especially in Alaskan waters).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, farmersfight said:

I agree, good point. Guess it's just part of NCL's (FDR's?) movement away from free stuff for their customers (i.e. Spice H2O) and putting in more extra charge features (go-kart tracks, laser tags, Vibe Beach Club, etc) to generate that extra $$.

I think NCL's Spice H2O was their version of an adults only section before Vibe. I'm not sure if every Spice H2O had/has a pool though. We also went on a Princess cruise to Alaska a few years back (on the now infamous Diamond Princess) but didn't use the pool (and I think it even had a retractable roof over it) because I dipped my toes in the water to feel the temp and "nope", too cold. Brrrrrr (especially in Alaskan waters).

Spice in the Escape has a Grotto....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Spice in the Escape has a Grotto....

Thanks Laszlo. Did NCL keep the Grotto on Escape or did they rip it out (along with Spice H2O) and put in a go-kart track? Yeah, that Grotto looks pretty cool (literally) and would definitely suffice (in lieu of a pool) to cool off during those hot Caribbean itineraries.

Btw, nice cinematography on the video; steady panning, nice fade in/out scene transitions, nice camera angles, etc). Did you shoot/edit the video yourself?

• Like 1

Just now, farmersfight said:

Thanks Laszlo. Did NCL keep the Grotto on Escape or did they rip it out (along with Spice H2O) and put in a go-kart track? Yeah, that Grotto looks pretty cool (literally) and would definitely suffice (in lieu of a pool) to cool off during those hot Caribbean itineraries.

Btw, nice cinematography on the video; steady panning, nice fade in/out scene transitions, nice camera angles, etc). Did you shoot/edit the video yourself?

Thanks, yes all shooting and editing by me. I believe the Grotto along with H20 is still on the Escape. I can't imagine them taking it out

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, hallux said:

Look closely at the Bliss in this video - no pool, just 2 hot tubs...

Thanks, I see that. I guess I was mistaken in thinking that NCL removed every Spice H2O on ships they put a go-kart track on. The Bliss looks like it has the go-kart track and still has a Spice H2O, albeit with 2 hot tubs instead of a pool.

Are there any other NCL ships with the go-kart track that still have a Spice H2O on the stern?